Y&R: Episodes discussion, week of October 4

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW. Just WOW. Macy Rylan hit that crap right out of the PARK today! I totally don't give a sh!t about Rylan's age... she so far beyond what Hayley Erin was, it would take 10,000 years for the light from Rylan to reach Erin. So much for people saying Colleen's death carrying no consequences on the canvas. This was the best possible use for the aftermath of her death. Playing it so the root cause of this lawsuit is latent anger over Colleen's death is the PERFECT way to play it. Abby seemed to be shallow and self absorbed, and this turn is giving the character some layers and some depth, which is very important.

• Members

Some Y&R episodes that are decent for a change? I loved Sean Young in the campy movie Dr Jekyll Ms. Hyde and I'm hoping she plays more into being the psycho villain because I don't feel it right now beyond the wicked smile she has. On the other hand, I'm glad we are finally seeing something involved with Murphy's unknown past. I would have thought by now they would have introduced some long lost son or something.

Marcy Rylan :wub: I wonder who wrote that monologue because it was a good scene, loved Abby still yelling at Victor as he walked off pretending to text.

Lily, Cane, and Paul Leyden struggling to keep up that accent :rolleyes:

• Members

Perhaps I didn't phrase that right. Your'e right on one level... but I also see that yes... Abby is selfish, and brigning the lawsuit for herself, but Colleen's death is also a reason for her to be vindictive towards Grambo. And truth be told, if Hayley Erin had been ANY kind of actress worthy of a high school play, then Abby WOULD have played some anger at the time of Colleen's death.

• Members

To me, the fact that Sean Young is playing the part close to vest is making it MORE creepy for me. That evil smirk she lets go every once in a while is just a taste of things to come... she's not moustache-twirling right out of the gate, but that doesn't make her a bad actress. The evilness of Meggie is going to be peeled away slowly like an onion blossom. I've seen many conmplaints on the net in other forums about Young's acting, even now... but she's playing it masterfully at this point, and once again... it's an issue with dimwitted viewers not being able to grasp something unless theyr'e smacked across the face and beaten over the head with it. *cough*Stafford*cough*Miller*Cough*

• Members

The problem is that it's not how Abby's argument was framed (though it should've been).

Her issue went from getting the money for her to get to naked to getting the money for her to get away from Aunt Jack & Grambo to get naked.

Colleen's death is & was a convenient bit of emotional blackmail for her instead of something she really felt remorse over.

• Members

That's a great point and I agree. I didn't mean to sound as if I disapprove of Young's acting because I don't, I'm just craving more of Meggie. That smile Young is doing great, and I'm glad she's doing calm, cool and collected as opposed to the hysterics of Stafford, Haiduk, and Zima. As opposed to the exploits we saw of Patty Jane, Adam, and whatever the hell the Sarah Smythe thing was, this is far more interesting and thrilling, especially with MTS leading the story :wub:

• Members

Meggie, Meggie, Meggie! The latest psycho to wreak havoc on GC. I wonder how far her reign of terror will go before she's found out? So far, she's been slowly and methodically "poisoning" Nikki with booze to obviously force her off the wagon. Now she's almost killed Murphy by withholding his medication which resulted in a heart attack and a stroke. Now JT is in cop mode snooping around which I think doesn't bode well for him in the end. Wasn't there a rumor that Meggie was involved in the GCPD illegal activities? I will bet you that Meggie shoots and kills JT as he gets a little too close to her secrets. I know it's been said that JT and Mac are leaving town together but I don't believe it. Then Victor will once again be blamed and berated for bringing yet another psychotic person into the lives of GC citizens. Victoria's already strained relationship with her father will get even worse as she blames him for bringing Meggie into their lives and killing the father of her son Reed. It all fits.

• Members

Oh, soapfan... I knew what you meant, I was actually referring to an avalanche of criticizm I saw on SOC. I think it was all from Haiduk fans who somehow think she was dumped so Young could be brought on. Considering the villianess that was Sarah smythe, young is a breath of fresh air, and i'm dying to see her do more.. and don't get me wrong, it was obvious Bregman TRIED her heart out, but it was like she was told to make a German chocolate cake out of a pile of pig sh!t.

Archived