David E. Kelley: Wonder Woman

Sylph

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Both Ally McBeal and The Practice had extremely STRONG female characters, so this assessment is sooo full of bull! On Boston Legal things might have been different but this was his first all-male show in like forever.

I still consider him a great writer and look forward to his projects. For the record, he did not always write the same show revolving around lawyers: there was also Picket Fences, Chicago Hope (which I watched even though I don't like medical dramas...) and Snoops.

• Members

Right. I kept trying to agree with Carl, but I just can't. blink.gif That's not to say that I don't get what he's saying, but it's a bit tendentious and off the rails. She was whiny, but that does not equal David E. Kelley writes pathetic women and degrades them.

• Members

Who were the strong female characters on Ally McBeal? I mostly remember lollipop heads who were written as witches and made out for sweeps, and then of course twitchy Ally.

The Practice did have Camryn Manheim, the others I thought were not overly strong, although that might have been down to bad acting.

• Members

The Practice was full of strong woman. All of them. And even when they became victims, they were still strong and fought through it. They were not weeping willows or anything like that, none of them. Lindsay is closest, and girl went through a alot but i still thought she was strong.

Even the receptionist didnt take [!@#$%^&*] and stood up for herself, was smart, and independent.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

The reason these Wonder Woman films/tv series have been so hard to get off the ground is because they aren't set in WWII. I strongly believe that. Even the original series tried to revamp and set it in the present and it just wasn't the same. You don't have a strong alternative to have her leave her homeland. I'm sure it could be done, but I haven't seen an interesting enough idea. I also hate that this seems to downplay her backstory. I don't wanna see three identities already in place. I want to see her in her homeland with all the other glamazons and the phenomenon from the beginning.

This is such an important female super hero and I want her history done justice. This entire thing is such a shame. Will kill all potential this franchise has. Why David E. Kelley is writing is beyond me.

• Members

<object width="410" height="316" id="embed" align="middle" ><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="movie" value="http://www.thewb.com/player/wbphasethree/wbvideoplayer.swf"/><param'>http://www.thewb.com/player/wbphasethree/wbvideoplayer.swf"/><param name="flashVars" value="mediaKey=b6dad16f-4e16-41f0-8534-590f88ef6c44&config=wbembedplayer.xml"/><param name="quality" value="high"/><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff"/><embed src="http://www.thewb.com/player/wbphasethree/wbvideoplayer.swf" flashVars="mediaKey=b6dad16f-4e16-41f0-8534-590f88ef6c44&config=wbembedplayer.xml" width="410" height="316" name="embed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Archived