As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh you're right, she wasn't the head of nursing - she did work there but someone else said that to Nella. 

I was sure they slept together but it's been almost a decade since I watched some of those episodes so I probably invented that in my head. 

• Replies 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Margaret Reed and Michael Swan dated, so that could have been a factor in the decision to pair their characters romantically. Ironically, though, by the time Shannon and Duncan got together, Reed and Swan had broken up, which also could have impacted what we saw onscreen.

• Members

I have no idea. Reed and Swan both discussed their relationship in a reunion Livestream last year. AFAIK this was the sole aspect on ATWT. I can't speak to any other show he appeared on.

Tbh, when the show was in the doldrums in the final decade, I wouldn't have minded them bringing back Shannon, and even when Duncan had been brought back for adult Bonnie-- and given them a sub-story as endgame. The fans wouldn't have minded, considering there was so little else going on.

• Members

Its too bad that Horgan didn't go on to head write GL in 95 instead of McTrash.  GL was more freewheeling fun and kooky then its sister show but still had the focus on the families,  and with Nola back I think Horgan could have written her as fun instead of Iva in weird clothes we got.  I also wonder why Swan didn't go to other soaps..he also could have been on GL (without the dumb accent) and paired with Brown or I wonder if he and Zimmer would have chemistry.?

• Members

Hell, a slug would've written a better show for GL than McTrash--but Horgan would've been a good idea! 

Swan actually DID go to other soaps. He was on B&B for several years starting in the late '90s as Adam Alexander, Sally Spectra Sr.'s ex and Macy's father. Plus, right around the time of John Conboy's tenure on GL, Swan briefly appeared as businessman Brad Greene. For reasons I don't know, he was quickly recast with his ATWT co-star, Mark Pinter. Swan currently lives in Los Angeles, so (if he was interested) both Y&R and B&B could cast him (as could DOOL or GH). He's still very well-built, so that works in his favor as appearing quite virile for a 73-year old actor. Also related to his ATWT, I believe he's been in a relationship with former co-star Finn Carter ("Sierra Esteban Montgomery") for many years now.

On a "personal" level, if this is your interest/concern, he's quite the vocal political conservative. At one time, I was his Facebook friend (what a surprise he accepted that!), but eventually unfriended him because the occasional conservative rhetoric was a turn off. Once again, it proves that sometimes you don't really want to meet your "idols" on a personal level. (And, admittedly, I simply lusted after 1980s/90s Swan--I didn't necessarily idolize him!)

Edited by DanMan869
clarifying info about Swan's time on B&B

• Members

DD, I stand corrected. I hadn't heard about her 2019 Las Vegas troubles--and, looking on the web a few minutes ago, they sound pretty sad. I also deleted my Facebook (and, earlier than that, my "FB friendship" with Michael Swan) in Spring 2019, so... somehow I missed reading about her troubles. I'm kind of surprised the current soap websites (I regularly peruse Daytime Confidential) never posted anything about it (as they have about other former soap stars' legal troubles) unless I missed that, too. (YIKES! LOL)

Unless Finn or Michael came forward and said they're no longer together, I don't think most people would have any idea whether or not they'd broken up.

• Members

I have never heard anything about them dating. In fact, I had heard that she was daring a doctor before all the problems began for her. I know she has been divorced for a few years and has two grown daughters, who hopefully she has reconnected with by now. I hope she is doing well and getting her life sorted for the better. 

The Vegas incident did indeed make news on we discussed it on this board. 

I know that Swan and Reed dates and Reed seems pretty liberal, bordering on downright progressive, but they dates a long time ago, so it is possible that one or both of them have since changed in their political views. I cannot even imagine Finn, of the Carter family, cousin to Jimmy Carter being romantically involved with anyone with Swan's current political views. Swan has some pretty bad stuff on his IG (I recently checked) and if you see Finn's Twitter, she is without doubt a Democrat, in the tradition of the Carter family.

I'm sorry but I am going to need some solid proof that they were actually together as a couple, lol. I mean it.

• Members

Just to be clear--I'm not at all standing firm that Swan and Carter were definitely together. Though I could have sworn that at the time that I was FB "friends" with Swan that it was mentioned on his page that he was involved with Carter, but I could have misunderstood. Maybe they were together and ignored their political differences until one or both couldn't anymore? Stranger couple combinations have happened in the world that eventually imploded. Maybe someone else can chime in with more definitive info one way or another?

• Members

i know her father, hodding carter, worked in the carter administration, i don’t believe the two families were related — at least a google search didn’t turn up anything. 

this is the first i’ve heard anything about michael swan and finn carter, though certainly stranger political couplings have occurred. surprised that no ones’s mentioned that her first marriage was to steven weber (kevin gibson), whom she met when both were on atwt.