As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Unfortunately I do believe John and Lisa's last major stories was the Parker story there in late '98 and early '99. Lisa was vying for John's affections and made a drunken spectacle of herself trying to stop John and Carly's wedding Thanksgiving 1998. I remember John vowing to get married to Lisa by the end of 2000 but their reconciliation/relationship was aborted and dropped. 

I always loved John and Lucinda and still loved they interacted throughout the 90's but overall their other romances generally flopped badly (Iva and Barbara for John, Eduardo, Martin, and James for Lucinda; we even had a hot-tub scene for James and Lucinda!

Please register in order to view this content

)

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Courtesy of Soap News from 09/26/00, here's an overview timeline of Tom and Margo's first twenty years: 

vspacer.gif 1980
vspacer.gif
vspacer.gif Barbara Ryan dumps Tom at the altar for her former lover James Stenbeck. Tom goes to Europe to investigate James. Margo Montgomery moves to Oakdale to be with her mother Lyla and her sister Cricket. vspacer.gif
vspacer.gif
1981 vspacer.gif Tom returns from Europe. Margo has an affair with James Stenbeck (who's married to Barbara). Tom is involved with Maggie Crawford. Margo learns that John Dixon is her real father.
vspacer.gif
1982 vspacer.gif Tom & Margo fall in love while chasing after criminal mastermind Mr. Big after John Dixon is murdered(or so we think!).
vspacer.gif
1983 vspacer.gif Tom represents John's accused "murderer" Dee Stewart so Margo breaks their engagement. However John resurfaces alive and the two reconcile.  Margo miscarries her and Tom's first baby. Tom and Margo marry.
vspacer.gif
1984 vspacer.gif (this includes late 1983, early 1985) The character of Tom is recast twice; the character of Margo once. Craig saves Margo's life when an undercover bust goes bad. Margo is made a detective. Margo is diagnosed with hysterical deafness after a shoot-out goes bad.
vspacer.gif
1985 vspacer.gif Kim and Bob marry. Tom and Margo fight over her career/starting a family. Tom helps Barbara start her fashion business. Barbara tricks Tom into thinking he slept with her.
vspacer.gif
1986 vspacer.gif Tom and Margo's first separation. Margo and Hal date, grow very close. Margo finds herself pregnant by Tom, despite their estrangement. Tom defends Kim on murder charges. Tom and Margo reunite. Tom is elected district attorney. Margo loses her baby late in the pregnancy while saving Barbara; James saves Margo.
vspacer.gif
1987 vspacer.gif Tom heads to DC to start the crime commission, leaving Margo alone. Tom and Margo's second separation (it will last the entire year). Convinced her marriage is over, Margo gets involved with Hal. Tom returns to Oakdale as Scott Holmes takes over the role. Tom fights to win his wife back from Hal. Tom has his first case as DA: he prosecutes Barbara for murder, at Christmas, Margo ends her six month affair with Hal.
vspacer.gif
1988 vspacer.gif Tom and Margo reunite. Tom's Vietnamese daughter Lien arrives on his doorstep. Margo finds out she is pregnant with Hal's child, runs to Greece. Tom and Margo's third separation. Tom dates Shannon O'Hara, but can't forget Margo. Adam Christopher Harold Hughes is born; Tom and Margo reunite. Tom and Margo lie to his family and their friends that Adam is Tom's son.
vspacer.gif
1989 vspacer.gif Hal learns the truth about Adam (from Margo). In mid-December, Ellen Dolan takes over the role of Margo.
vspacer.gif
1990 vspacer.gif Margo helps her stepfather, Casey Peretti, die with dignity. Margo is pregnant with Tom's child for the third time. Darryl Crawford, Margo's high school beau, moves to Oakdale.
vspacer.gif
1991 vspacer.gif Casey Robert Hughes is born. Darryl’s wife, Carolyn, is murdered. Tom prosecutes Caleb Snyder while Margo works to clear him.
vspacer.gif
1992 vspacer.gif The Carolyn Crawford mystery continues. Tom meets his brother, Scott Eldridge. Margo is raped by an HIV+ convict.
vspacer.gif
1993 vspacer.gif Margo gets her final HIV test results. Glynnis O'Connor takes over as Margo. Tom faces charges for killing Margo's rapist, Elroy Nevins. Nevin's victim Dawn Wheeler moves in and falls for Tom.
vspacer.gif
1994 vspacer.gif Margo goes to DC to work with the crime commission. Tom discovers Dawn's feelings for him. Margo returns as Ellen Dolan resumes the role.
vspacer.gif
1995 vspacer.gif Dawn dies of AIDS; Tom & Margo take in her teenage son, Jeremy. Lisa sues John for malpractice testing family loyalties.
vspacer.gif
1996 vspacer.gif Margo has her first bout with PTS following a plane crash. Tom takes on a group of white supremacists in Oakdale. Casey is kidnapped. Hal demands that Adam be told the truth about his paternity. Margo's Post Traumatic Stress returns at the end of the year.
vspacer.gif
1997 vspacer.gif Margo is a prime suspect in Diego's murder, is arrested for it. Margo is institutionalized for the PTS. Tom is forced to step down as district attorney; returns to private practice. Tom and Margo experience some marital discord, but resolve their problems.
vspacer.gif
1998 vspacer.gif Tom has, a mid-life crisis, quits the law. Margo kills Eddie's mother, takes Eddie under her wing. Margo is pregnant by Tom for the fourth time; loses the baby for a third time. Tom has a one-night stand with Emily, gets her pregnant.
vspacer.gif
1999 vspacer.gif Tom searches for Emily, later defends her on murder charges. Daniel Stewart Hughes, Tom's son with Emily, is born. Margo gets involved with Alec Wallace. Margo is convicted of Alec's murder.
vspacer.gif
2000 vspacer.gif Margo is cleared of Alec's murder. Tom & Margo reunite and renew their wedding vows.

• Members

I really disliked the Dawn Wheeler arc. It seemed like a cheap stunt to use the HIV story, which Marland had done so well, to create some triangle. Plus it wasn't believable to me that Tom and Nevins would have been involved with two of the same women when they were from different levels of society. I think Backus could have come up with something else.

Glynnis O'Connor never really gelled in the role of Margo. Thank goodness Dolan resumed the role a short time later.

I don't even remember what happened to Dawn's son Jeremy.

I think 1996 was an abysmal year for ATWT and indicated, at least to me, how far off track the show had gone since Marland. The plane crash stuff with the PTSD felt like a gimmick to quickly gain ratings but the whole aftermath was rather dull.

In my opinion the show didn't pick up steam again until Lorraine Broderick took over.

Edited by JarrodMFiresofLove

• Members

So was I.

Did ATWT ever ask that she return in the mid '00s?  It seems that by then the show was pretty wedded to Mary Beth Evans in the role.

It was me who mentioned that Scott Bryce has kept in touch with her.  I read an interview (and posted it somewhere in this thread) that he often goes to L.A. (probably to audition and pilot season) and I believe Finn resides in So. Cal so he probably has caught up with her then.  

Bryce also mentioned that he's close with Tamara Tunie (he calls her his 'sister from another mother') and Brian Bloom (Dusty #1).  

Finn, like Lindsey Frost has turned to painting.  As a matter of fact, Finn also has a studio.  I found this on Instagram.

starvingdilettante

• Members

The sad thing is I watched an October 2000 episode recently with Emily talking about her history with Craig and mentioning both Sam and Sierra, except it was with Hunt Block's Craig ugh. It was a nice rare history nod though. 

Other than Tremors and an early episode of Law & Order, I can't recall what else Finn Carter has done while I know Bryce has maintained a steady working acting career on a variety of projects. I did enjoy what Evans did bring in the role of Sierra, but the show barely used and even when Evans finally went on contract nothing big happened. 

• Members

Makes sense, I know she only appeared briefly again as Sierra in later '94/early '95 to reunite with Craig and go back to Montega. The reality of course is very shameful unfortunately. 

Love your pic of Debbie Simon btw! 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

At first I didn't care for him but he improved as I saw more. I liked his bond with Lisa - Tom and Eileen had better mother/son chemistry than quite a few Toms I can remember (the only other one I remember having any was Scott Holmes).