Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I liked her MUCH better then mentally challenged Betsy played by Ryan. It was weird that Betsy gained a few feet and a brain and all that was supposedly done was plastic surgery. And YES to end of flare nostrils Steve...though I think years later his return as an arrogant pr*ck villain would have been great...maybe a Evil Steve instead of Evil Craig during Sheffer.

• Members

Two days later the academy called WJB and told him that his soap had not won the Emmy but that GL had.

Yes, a lot of great scenes. I like ATWT and Y&R scenes over GL. If I were a voter though I would have voted for Y&R. Of course that was just a sample of what the soaps submitted. I dont know what else was on those reels.

ATWT had Barbara sleeping with Tom storyline.....GL had Vanessa running over Reva in her car I believe thus losing her child...and Y&R was power related story with who would run Jabot.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

As for ATWT, 1986-1987 was so compelling, I wish every single episode were online!  As many episodes as there are on You Tube, there are quite a few key episodes missing. 

Terry Lester was so cool and ruthless and devious as Jack. He could turn on the charm and then turn on a loved one, in the same scene!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Yes it was a great year for them. They ranked #4 in the ratings and won the daytime Emmy that year for best soap. The writing went to GL that year.  There are a lot of clips on youtube ...but I agree not enough.

1986-1987

1. General Hospital 8.3

2. The Young And The Restless 8.0

3. One Life To Live 7.2

4. As The World Turns 7.0

4. All My Children 7.0

4. Days Of Our Lives 7.0

7. Guiding Light 6.3

8. The Bold And The Beautiful 5.6

9. Capitol 5.2

10. Another World 5.1

11. Santa Barbara 4.2

12. Loving 3.9

13. Ryan's Hope 2.7

14. Search for Tomorrow 2.5

Yes, love to hate him....LOL. He was awesome as Jack. Peter Bergman doesn't come close.

As for ATWT....they had that year.....Barbara/Tom/Margo, Lily's parentage with Lucinda and Iva, Bob and Kim looking for Frannie's twin, Holden and Lily flirtation and James famous return at Duncan's castle.....Hello Barbara....LOL

Edited by Soapsuds