Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

These scenes between Craig and Lucinda just personify one of the reasons why ATWT was my favorite soap. Just watch and enjoy!

These three scenes deliver so much of what is missing from today's remaining soaps. These scenes between Craig and Lucinda just drip with venom and verbal jousting.

via ytCroppervia ytCroppervia ytCropper

Just when you think that Craig got the upperhand and Lucinda will be duly chastened, she delivers a final jab before delivering a venomous kiss on her lips before departing.  

Savage!

I've seen some improvement from Y&R but nothing anywhere near this level. This is what's missing from today's remaining soaps.

*Note-- it's unfortunate that no matter the scene, you still get the same screen grab and the first few seconds. The software wasn't sharp enough to fix this.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Thanks for trying on these. I always love their scenes in the Bryce and Hubbard era. They had such a layered relationship - the type of thing that many insist soaps never had because viewers wouldn't "get it." It's only when the execs started really believing that the soaps died. 

• Members

There were other great scenes- one between Sierra and Tonio (the one that left Tonio stricken) and Tonio and Lucinda where Sierra sarcastically remarks that Lucinda should marry Tonio herself if she thinks he's such a great husband, then Sierra (or maybe Finn) adds on "Oh it would be perfect!" with the subtext implying that Lucinda and Craig were a mismatch but Lucinda and Tonio would be well suited and unlike Craig, with Tonio, Sierra wouldn't give a damn.

I hated that we had that whole several months of Craig going missing, just when Sierra was hitting her stride and Finn's fierceness was top notch fiesty.

• Members

And then Finn Carter left in '88 and I think she filmed Tremors around 88- '89 because the movie came out in 1990 (presumably after post-production).

The unfortunate side of having such talented actors showcasing their talent on a well written show. They don't stick around. 

Considering the fact that Julianne Moore, Lindsey Frost and Scott Bryce and Finn Carter had stepped away, you'd have thought that ATWT would've worked harder to keep Hillary Bailey Smith on the show.

• Members

#Blocked.

Please register in order to view this content

I shipped Craig and Sierra.  It came off as totally believable that these two characters were hot for each other.  They were together for such a short period of time.

Lucinda and Craig were good for what they were but Lucinda would've drove Craig to murder her. 

Betsty might have worked and as much as I liked Lindsey, she had some anti-chemistry with quite a few characters so I don't trust that.

• Members

I can't really get past anything post-1996. I think because I had high hopes for FMB and she really let me down. I watched some of that vile Sheffer (I wish I hadn't) and I watched the last year (which I don't regret, even if it was a mediocre/poor ending), and that's about it for me. I don't rewatch anything from 96 on.