Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm so excited to be watching Marland's tenure now. I've never seen it and know little about it. I held off on watching episodes on YouTube because I held out hope that someday I could see it in its entirety. I think what's up there now is the closest it will get so I decided to do it. Currently, Kim and Frannie are being held hostage in Colorado by Doug Cummings. One thing that shocked me was that they never changed that Farm set.  Even my husband (who was only ever a side watcher because I had the show on all the time) said "They didn't even change the stove!"  Speaking of....I need to watch "Today's" episode!

• Members

Forgot to mention that the other day, I came across a 1988 episode where Allyson Rice Taylor was doing a Weight Watchers commercial years before she came on as Connor Jamison Walsh.

I quickly edited to produce a clip so you don't have to watch the entire episode, which is from May 17, 1988.

Edited by DramatistDreamer
I have no idea why all this space was left below the embedded video, tried to fix it but no luck.

• Members

You're welcome.

Please register in order to view this content

It's just amazing to me the sheer number of ATWT actors (before and after they were on the show) appeared on various commercials that aired during an episode. By the grace of You Tube, I'm frequently discovering commercials/actors.

• Members

Corinne committed suicide, offcamera, sometime after James was exposed and fled Oakdale in late 1987. Monica inherited the money and company. 

I didn't realize until watching some of the episodes how frank they were about James exploiting a young Monica and how open they were about James having a history of essentially grooming young women. Marland really made the character into a complete monster (aside from his love for Paul). His last return is gripping but also repulsive viewing for that reason. 

• Members

Was he related to Lisa's son, Scott?

When James was brought back under Sheffer and brought back in the mid 90s, I am surprised that they never played the grooming bit of James anymore. Especially, under Sheffer. They should'v had James groom Allison or Jennifer, which would've made Babs, Hal, or Emily go bananas. 

• Members

I don't think they could have gotten away with it by that point as there was a certain idea of James still being charming and suave in his '80s run. I also don't think the ATWT of those years (mainly the Sheffer years but also after) would have seen it that way, as they romanticized and made a fetish of older men in inappropriate (Dusty/Lucy) and in some cases outright perverted (Craig/Dani) relationships.

• Members

Karl (played by Richard Backus who also played Betsy's kidnapper Russ Elliott) Eldredge was Helen Eldredge's nephew. He was an attorney that handled her will and took over the Lawrence family trust. His marriage to Monika was one of those small plot lines for minor characters. He often had characters that weren't major still have little plot lines to show a full community. Like Simon and Thelma, Ambrose and Jane, they didn't have major stories but they still had lives.