Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Barbara Rodell was fired on her birthday? That's cold. She's not the only one that's happened to - Christie Clark was let go by DAYS on her 17th birthday in 1990 so the show could "mature" Carrie with Tracy Middendorf. Christie Clark did tell SOD that the upside was that she got to spend her entire senior year of high school actually going to a regular school, instead of being tutored on the set.

• Members

Are you serious?! How does one access those episodes? Do you need to request permission? Man, had I known about this when I was still a grad student, I'd have totally tried to use my credentials to claim I was doing research...or something. My mouth is watering just reading about this. Or is it my eyes?

• Members

I don't know how you would gain access to those. I emailed them and got some lame reply about they have no legal rights to release them and the copyright holder would have to give permission. They have a tag in the database description saying "Not playable on archive equipment" .

• Members

I've never seen that 1962 episode. Fascinating.

At this point. Penny had recently been widowed and had amnesia. She knew about Bruce and Lisa. How was the affair uncovered? Did Penny spill the beans?

Pa was obviously suspicious.Had he seen or overheard something?

Gotta love Nancy. Jeff was barely cold in his grave and she was planning Penny's next marriage.

A few line flubs here and there but the actors covered well.

Good to see the Hughes dining room. In a late 70's ep,everyone was in the living room balancing plates on their laps.

Bob of course was puffing away.And suggesting Lisa get preggers again when Tommy was barely a year old. Why were they still living at home?

• Members

Ugh, that's too bad. P&G and their selfish hoarding probably.

I used to work for an arts organization where part of my job was to work in the archives and we'd often get students, professors and researchers that wanted access to view certain videos in our archives and requested permission to view them at an onsite location.

Part of me fantasizes that somehow the silence from the Soap Classics people and the fact that PGN even still exists may mean that P&G is working on maybe continuing the digitalization process to maybe stream again sometime in the future? With so many options for streaming these days, it seems like such a waste to let your archives just sit in storage. Even museums are digitizing their work and you can now go online and view paintings and portraits.

Hulu and Hulu Plus is a joint venture between various networks to provide a digital/streaming platform for mostly televisions shows online and network. Wouldn't it be great if something similar could've happened with classic soaps?

• Members

Paul, Penny had figured out that Bruce and Lisa were having an affair behind the back of Bob when Bruce had sent some flowers to Lisa and Penny read the attached note. (Bruce was the brother of Penny's friend Linda.)

She was planning to tell this to Bob when she had the car accident with her husband Jeff. (Jeff, of course, was killed.)

During the time of Penny's amnesia, she kept saying that Lisa reminded her of flowers. She also seemed to recall that she was going to share some news about Lisa.

As I recall, Pa Hughes was quite concerned about how hurt Penny was going to be when her memory returned and she learned that she was a widow.

I don't remember how Bob actually learned of the affair. It may have been from Penny.

• Members

Bob and Lisa did divorce.

However, Lisa did not move to Chicago until several years later.

Lisa really wanted to get back with Bob following their divorce. And I think that Nancy was in favor of their getting back together.

I know that Eileen Fulton left the show. The role of Lisa was recast with Pamela Miller. The introduction of Ms. Miller in the role was that Lisa had ridden a train (I think to Texas) and had been raped repeatedly. She was upset and fragile. Ms. Miller did not remain in the role for very long. It was a case of not being accepted by the audience.

During this time, Bob was attracted to Sylvia Suker (played by Millette Alexander). Sylvia suffered with lupus. She and her father later left town, but I don't remember why they moved.

Eileen Fulton returned to the show in order to set up the move of Lisa to Chicago. She and Nicolas Coster were brought to As the World Turns following the primetime serial's cancellation to wrap up their storylines.

When Lisa returned to As the World Turns around 1967, she and the divorced Donald were attracted to each other. (The Hughes family had, since the beginning of the show, wanted Donald and Ellen together. Ellen and Don dated, but he also was dating Lisa.) Actor Richard Thomas was cast as the returning Tommy, but he was replaced by Paul O'Keefe (who had previously played Ellen's son Danny). Tommy was older and acquired a girlfriend (Sally - played by Kathleen Cody).

Ethel Remey played Alma on-and-off during this time. Then, in about 1968, the character actually moved to Oakdale and became someone who Lisa with whom Lisa could confide. (Henry Miller, Lisa's father, had passed away.)

Lisa's affair with Dr. Michael Shea began around 1969 or possibly 1968.

By this time, Penny and Dr. Neil Wade were happily married. I say happily, although Penny felt incomplete in not being able to have children.

Edited by danfling