Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Susan's parents were recurring characters for many years in the late 60's and 70's. Julia was played by Fran Carlon. A couple of different actors played Susan's father Fred. BTW, Fred was also a doctor at Memorial. He delayed Liz Stewart's surgery following her fall on the stairs, and Dan initially blamed him for Liz's death. Fred and Julia ceased appearing in the mid-70's. I was in my 20's then, in college and later working, so I did not watch daily. But, as far as I know, the characters were not written out with an explanation. They faded away. I do not recall Susan ever mentioning her parents during the Marland years, which is surprising in view of his facility for history.

• Members

A big thank you to saynotoursoap for providing these first hand memories and clearing up timelines etc.

I have acouple of questions I hope can be answered.

The first concerns Amy Hughes and her visit to Oakdale in 73. How was this storyline handled? Apparently she found her grandparents,played by William Prince and Augusta Dabney. What was the story of her birth and adoption by Penny Hughes. How old was Amy and had she been SORASED for the story?

When was it first established that Penny had married Anton and adopted Amy?

Much appreciated.

• Members

Yeah I kept wondering where some were - I didn't see Tom or John or Michael Nader either.

That was Nancy and Chris' backyard, wasn't it? I saw a set like that I think in the 1978 episode on Youtube.

I have always wanted to see Lisa's mother, especially since she was on the show for quite a long time.

Can you tell me who the woman with the white scarf (beside Grant), the woman beside Valerie, the woman in the red dress and red cap, and the woman in that awful Where's Waldo shirt is? I know that two of them must be (?) Sandy and the woman Don left the show with, Ryder's mother, but can't remember which is which.

There are a lot of actor interviews too (and some casting and directing and costume stuff). If there are any actors in particular you want to see let me know and I'll scan.

Yeah Bob looks pretty good - but then he still looks good now...

It's always weird to me how they had such a tough time keeping an actor in the role of Don Hughes.

Those slippers and socks on Jay drive me crazy :lol:

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Bob looks great now...I just ment he kinda looks sexy in this photo and I think its weird (and almost sacrilegious) to think Bob in anyway being sexy!

Who is that couple behind Chris to the left behind Carol and Jay? I can see why the show needed to be "youthized," as it was full of just middle aged people. Just too bad that the Dobsons through out the baby (and Nancy and Chris) with the bath water. Who is the young girl with the curly dark hair to the right of Alma? I grew up with the show and remember Grandpa Hughes and Alma better then any Don..so he kind of was just there.

Jay's sox are weird..the actor was gay right?

That is Joyce in that red dress, and she looks really pretty. LOL on the woman in the jumper, have no idea who that is

• Members

Oh I knew what you meant about Bob - it's also weird to me when I see old clips of him back in the day, puffing away in the Hughes kitchen. I feel a little guilty for thinking that's attractive.

I don't know about Jay but always get that feeling. He also looks a lot like a gay actor on the British soap Hollyoaks so I blur them together.

I think the couple you mentioned are Don and, I don't know, is that the woman he married and left town with, and her son came was Teddy/Ryder? I can't remember her name. This Don, Martin West, was the last Phil Brewer on GH. He had a big story with Judith McConnell/Valerie, who killed him. I wonder why they weren't paired on ATWT.

I always picture Joyce with darker hair. That outfit is very silent film siren though, I like it.

I think that the woman in the T shirt was in love with John and helped him in some of his schemes or something, was she a nurse? I will scan the interview she and Larry have.

I was reading a Don Hastings interview from 1989 or so and he talked about the Miranda story and how initially Miranda was supposed to be killed, then they changed their mind, but did nothing with Bob and Miranda. I wonder if it would have worked better if she'd died.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

That is Kelly Wood (Mary) next to Grant. Barbara Rucker (Sandy) is in the striped T shirt.

The woman on the far left next to Mary may be Pat Holland,the nurse John married.The older woman in the back row is a mystery. Maybe if I look thru synopses of that time I'll make a connection.

This pic would be 76/77.Several cast members indeed missing.

• Members

Thanks, Paul. I knew those women were on the show at this time but couldn't figure out who was who. I keep forgetting John married that woman. John had several wives who were never mentioned again, didn't he? Ariel, Karen...

The whole cast is interviewed inside but I guess all weren't available for the photoshoot.

Here is a bit more with Larry, the woman who played Pat, and Kelly Wood. And an interview with the casting director (I wonder how long after this she stayed).

02-03-2011101324PM.jpg

02-03-2011101324PM2.jpg

02-03-2011101324PM3.jpg

Edited by CarlD2