• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Great scene with Lyla and Maggie.

This is Donald May as Whit's lawyer, isn't it?

Wonderful scene with Lyla and Craig. This is why I hated that the show wrote Craig as a sociopath for most of his return and when they wanted him to find "redemption" it was from Lily! Why not Lyla or Betsy or...come on. I am still getting over the last episodes barely remembering that John and Margo were father and daughter.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

LOL...I watched this scene the other day when you posted the clip above. I actually remember watching this episode..it must have been the monkeys, I mean, what in the hell were they doing there???

I remember thinking Jay was HAWT and I look at him now and laugh, there is no way in hell would soaps today show a regular cute, but skinny guy as a stud! Everyone of them look alike now and they all have to be shaved and plucked and pumped up. (I was sick so I watched OLTL the other day, just to see "Ross," be evil, and they have this really cheesy embarrasing promo of one of those brothers standing in front of a collage of lips, ripping his shirt open and winking at the camera! The 80s promos don't look so cheesy now!)

I like the later episode when Frannie is with Babs, after they just found out Betsy "died," and Barbara is all like "Yea, its so sad, but I don't know how much more I can take...what with my husband running off!" It was all about Babs even back then, so I can see Marland watching that and that lightbulb going off in his head!

God Whit was so freakin; gross, they couldnt have gotten a decent looking older guy to play him. His dentures are practically falling out of his mouth and his toupe is about to fly off!

• Members

At first all I saw of Jay was the brooding rebel, which is a bit dull, but the more I see his goofier side the more I liked him. Were he and Terri Vandenbosch both fired? I wish Marland had kept him around. I guess he wouldn't have fit into the whole Snyder era but you never know.

• Members

Four months since the finale.... It's a good thing so much stuff is on youtube (and more keeps getting added). It's kind of been fun going back and revisiting some of the great stories. Fortunately, there's a lot of good stuff out there. It was a bummer not to tune in during holidays for the usual celebrations.

• Members

No, Lisa, was having a suprise birthday party for Whit...and the intro of Diana. Lisa contacted daddy's girl and pre Paris Hilton party girl Diana in "Europe," to come to the suprise party. Whit knew about it and played along until before Diana's entrance,(she popped out of a cake) so Lisa got mad and playfully smashed a cake in his face. Diana had popped out of the cake and was annoyed that Lisa's stunt got more attention then her, setting up a Diana/Lisa rivalry. I always thought Fulton was kind of stupid to leave the show at that time...not only was she well into her 50s to go to Hollywood, but the Dobsons, who had gotten rid of or ignored a lot of the vets, built an entire family around her and were starting a Rachel/Iris thing with Lisa/Diana.

That was Whit's old office, Lucinda took over his company as revenge for her husbands suicide, which we later learn, with Marland, was not because of Whit but because of Lily's birth reveal, which Marland never really connected ot his storyline.

Edited by Mitch

• Members

No..but the ooomph was taken out of it when Fulton left (as you can see in You Tube and even her last few scenes on the show, nobody can give a bitchy remark with a smile like Fulton.) Diana and the new Lisa didn't get along but BVF was a colder Lisa so there was no fire there and the recast didn't work so I think they just kept thinking of her as a placeholder for Fulton. Its funny but when Fulton returned she has a very protective relationship of Diana. Really the start of Lisa starting to "mentor," the younger set, which worked as Fulton always had good chemistry with kids..which I think is why the Lisa/Carly fued never worked as I see Lisa kicking her ass but with good intentions.

I wonder how BVF would have been as Alex? She was to the manor born and a cold customer so it might have worked.