As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

@DRW50Yes, I remember when that post Labor Day weekend episode was up on YouTube but I don’t remember the picture jumping that violently. Too bad the previous cliffhanger episode has never been posted. I think that episode had all the action with Kim giving birth and Craig following Sierra up to Foxwood Lodge and ended up conceiving their firstborn Bryant. So much missing from the best of this soap.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Glad it was new to you. You can see why the ratings were strong at that time. There was so much going on, new stories building even as old stories were winding down. Not a moment to breathe yet the canvas doesn't feel cold and dead due to constant heavy plots.

• Members

So it took a year from Marland's arrival to  see some significant ratings movement.It usually takes about 6 months for a new writer to set things into place-deciding which stories/characters to play from previous writer, finishing up plots , introducing new characters  and stories and then letting things flow from there.

A pity that sometimes new writers weren't given a little longer to execute their vision.

On the other hand, with some of them the sooner they went the better.

• Members

Speaking of YouTube uploads, in case it helps any of you, I wound up creating a public 1994 playlist that has everything I could find as of last May in chronological order. For whatever reason, that particular year had a lot of duplicate postings of episodes, episodes without actual dates, etc., so it took me awhile to sort through all of it when I rewatched the Marland era to mid-1997, and I figured I may as well share my findings in case it helped anyone else! Here's the link:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEo4KpRAYkLxmI-O-g4Pju7QwD2vwChZ8&si=hA-WY8KYGeQP3Z-z

• Members

1986 was a really good year for how well the stories unfolded and overlapped. Classic dramatic fashion yet not rigid. If only all episodes were up on YouTube, people could really see this in action.

Damn P&G. 

Here’s an article about Julianne Moore, looking pure dramatic actress in the accompanying photos for this interview in The Cut. I keep forgetting to post this.

Julianne Moore’s Dangerous Housewives She doesn’t believe it’s possible to know yourself. That’s why her best characters are searching for an answer.

• Members

Does anyone remember the details of the character of Brandy? I recently came across a couple of episodes from September 2002 and I remembered her name and the fact that I liked Virginia Williams, but I am entirely confused about the storyline. Someone I assume must be Paul has caught Brandy snooping in Marshall's room while Bonnie is with Marshall somewhere else trying to convince Marshall that she finds him overwhelmingly attractive? 

Edited by Xanthe
Spelling

• Members

Brandy was first brought on in 2001. She was paid by Nick Scudder to sleep with Adam and break up Adam and Abigail. She then just kind of hung around town. In April 2002, Craig pays her to start a diversion to let James escape the hospital, in exchange for information on Carly's whereabouts (while she was kidnapped in the Spa story). Paul and Bonnie were trying to get dirt on Marshall to get him to back out of the DA race against Jessica. Spoiler:

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by P.J.

• Members

I watched some DM episodes and baby, that man was really talented. You people were not kidding telling me how great he is. I hope someday all of his episodes would be available.

Overall the show looks and is so stylish and so multidimensional. Reminds me of Another World a bit. I love it.