Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can't be sure, but Colleen's might have aired 11/10/2000.  Recaps of the episode say she and Hal had a fight over Craig. I'm pretty sure the scenes would've aired after the Halloween party that Craig threw that year. Barbara had asked for Craig's help getting an envelope addressed to Jack away from the courier (it held a picture of Julia and Winston Lowe) for Julia.  But the episode isn't quickly found on youtube.

• Members

Going down the rabbit hole again, and I've been watching the spa arc again. 

Yeah... I am starting to realize while Hunt's Craig was grating to long-term fans. His obsession with Carly was weird. And Hogan's obsession with making Craig constantly get one over on the police (preferably Jack) is even more grating. 

• Members

Sheffer's obsession with Hunt Block was weird. Yes, arguably, ATWT needed a rich [!@#$%^&*]-stirrer to drive story. (Alec Wallace was an epic failure..) But Block didn't have the charisma to do the role justice. Block should've been fired about year three.

After many years of contemplation, I've decided that Craig's obsession wasn't really Carly. It was any one who had the talent to make him a buck. After Rosanna, when he's inexplicably involved with Jen's design business, he spouts the same tired lines to her that he said to Carly. And then Meg (even though that's SB.)  ATWT got really lazy and couldn't develop story for Craig out of Carly's circle. 

• Members

But that's why I feel they made Craig obsessed with Carly--at the end of the day, he always ended up back in her circle. 

I watched Hal's passing tonight too, and I felt Jeffrey Meek was so miscast. He would've made a good Rick Ryan. Craig, he is not. 

Watching all the 80s and early 90s episodes again with Scott Bryce as Craig has spoiled me. He was multi-layered and lovable. I get making him a bit jaded when Hunt took the role, but he was so damn one note. And it is irking my nerves going back and watching Hunt's run and seeing how Sheffer used to constantly have Craig thumb his nose at cops. Especially, when Craig (when Bryce played him) was petrified of going to jail after that first stint where he was brain washed. Rewatching Sheffer's reign (even though I liked it for the most part), highly resembled GH at times, which I know is a show Sheffer said in interviews he'd love to write for. Again, watching Craig tell the cops how to do their jobs felt so like Sonny/Jason telling Ric or Taggart how to handle the law. Just weird.

• Members

Also, Craig, having a cop as a sister usually served as deterrent to really pursuing the worst of his ambitions, even when he was doing some bad things like trying to burn down the Refuge. He was horrified when he discovered that Margo had gone into the burning building. Not to mention, he didn’t want Lyla to find out what he had done. Craig, even at his worst was usually portrayed as never wanting those he loved to find out what he’d done. The fact that he’d later be portrayed as brazenly flaunting his illicit behavior seemed highly ooc.

• Members

I think Sheffer and Kreizman both used characters they could live vicariously through (Craig for Sheffer, Jonathon for Kreizman) which is fine, except that those characters were never allowed to loose, and if a character is ALWAYS going to come out on top, all the stakes vanish. 

• Members

The channel uploaded another episode I don't think has been on Youtube for a while. This doesn't feel as dead as a lot of episodes around this time period tend to feel. And there's a lot of Lyla, which is nice for me.

I thought Steve and Carol were already married at this point. Frank Runyeon is so much more natural here than he was in later years as Steve. My favorite scene in this episode is between Carol and Tom - Justin Deas is so tender with her and you wouldn't know he was the second or third Tom to have been in the part since their characters split up.

There's something very natural and special about Rita Walter compared to a lot of other people who came and went from the show by this point. 

I know this was 1981 and probably common at the time, but Carol telling her daughter to go up and down various elevator floors because she was bored/in the way is crazy.

Annie being pregnant here confuses me because I thought she was pregnant later in 1981 when Carol and Steve wanted to adopt her baby. I guess she was still pregnant then and lost the baby? How far along was she? And if Carol and Steve hadn't been together long, why did they already want a baby?

This must be one of Dana Delaney's first episodes. It's a bit surreal seeing Dana and Margaret Colin sharing dramatic scenes knowing they'd go on to so much '80s and '90s TV.

I can't remember if I've ever seen Bob with a beard before. I wonder if Don was in his, "I'm bored, I don't care," era. He looks good!

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Hunt Block shouldn't have been hired at all.  He was completely wrong for Craig, but I tend to suspect he was hired only because GL must have let him go sooner than planned (after writing his character, Ben Warren, into a corner and having no choice but to kill him off) and P&G needed him to finish out his contract, lol.

As for Alec Wallace - again, their casting choice (Michael Woods) torpedoed any chance of that character making a real impact on the show.  I mean, I like MW, but I don't think he has much of a range as an actor.

• Members

You won't get any argument from me re: Block. I hated him on GL before I hated him on ATWT. I wouldn't be surprised if GL kept him on a little longer than they wanted. The fall of 99 was supposed to find a "Richard Branson" type character coming to town to get involved with Carly. It was in the previews, but then got derailed by Maura's pregnancy.