Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I actually bought these immediately upon seeing the original post weeks back. If you look further into the website, it's an absolutely reputable company that takes people's old home movies from VHS and digitizes them. Can people do that themselves nowadays? Yes, but not everyone knows how or cares to learn.

That "As The World Still Turns" woman was trying to originally sell her ATWT videos at exorbitant prices - somewhere around $700 for the 80s decade to $1200 for the '00s. That was insane.

This company knows it's illegal to sell content you don't own. So all they charge you for ($312 was my cost with a discount code) is the cost of their services for transferring the files onto a hard drive, as well as paying for hard drive itself, and the postage to send it to you.

I now happily own every episode of ATWT that's on YouTube. Could I have downloaded it all myself? Yes. Would I rather pay someone else a few hundred dollars to go through the hassle of doing it for me? YES!

Now, should YouTube ever seriously crackdown and these videos disappear, I'll have them forever. Am mostly worried about my waning years as I have an 85% chance of having Alzhemeir's according to an MRI that was done - no surprise. The disease runs throughout my family. So now, if I'm stuck in an Alzheimer's ward during my dottage, all I'll need is a laptop and that hard drive and I can happily live in Oakdale. Cuz we all know how that disease works - I won't be able to remember my husband's name or who he is, but I'll still be able to tell you every citizen of Oakdale.

Bottom line - if you want to own the episodes in case they disappear and don't want to go through the trouble of downloading 6,000 video files from YouTube, I found it to be well worth the cost. 

• Members

That makes absolute sense - totally understand that. I'm surprised they didn't answer your emails though. Once I received mine and handpicked 20-30 episodes to start and make sure everything looked good, I emailed them and thanked them for sending them and they responded to me almost immediately. I wonder if they're scared of being caught by someone in a position of power who actually cares that they're sending out these episodes? (Which means they have no understanding whatsoever of Procter and Gamble. 

Please register in order to view this content

)

• Members

I never understood why Bryant was killed off... especially when it seemed as if the show was looking to do a triangle with him, Jennifer, and his cousin (Cricket's son).   Would have been an opportunity to maybe have bought back Cricket for an arc... just to see where she was in her life and perhaps to have some conflict between her/Craig with Margo being peace-maker.   And to see how she would have interacted with half sister Katie (who I think was a lot like Cricket was it sounds like)