Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Months, if not a year ago, I suggested that they do something similar for one of their own vintage soaps! I guess they'd rather back someone else's productions than one of their own.

I know people were talking about music rights, yadda yadda yadda, but they did an effort for the DVDs and by the way, they did briefly allow streaming, not only on AOL, and of vintage episodes of ATWT, so it can be done.

I'm not even convinced that it's a money issue, but I definitely think P&G doesn't believe their soaps are worth the effort.

We're likely to get a run of Capitol before ATWT.

Just as a point of pride, P&G should want clear quality episodes to stream on one comprehensive YouTube channel. Then again, have you noticed their toilet paper products lately? Talk about letting the quality control lapse!

• Members

I remember when the Hughes family recieved the news of Will/Pa/Grandpa Hughes' death.   Carol Demming Hughes Stallings answered the telephone, and Mrs. Kopechne/Hughes informed Caol or his death.   Carol then informed the others.

What I do not remember is an on-screen funeral for Pa.   It seems natural that there would have been one, and I guess that I missed it.   Was one shown?

Older perfomers Santos Ortega and William Johnstone (Judge James Lowell) were dropped when the show was expanded to a full hour.    The reason given was that the older performers may have not been able to stand a show that had doubled in length.

However, at some time in the 1980s (after I had stopped watching the show), Judge Lowell was brought to the show.     Later, the actor did pass away.    Was there any acknowledgement of the judge's death?

When Ethel Remey died (but had not left the show before her death), the role of Alma was temporarily recast.   Then, Alma departed to take a lengthy cruise.

• Members

Originally, I think that vault contained links to GL and ATWT but the last time I looked, the links to ATWT and possibly GL were gone. It may have been a lack of space issue.

This is my opinion but the only persons who have a genuine claim on these videos are the production company itself, the writers, the actors and some members of the production crew. They, I would think have more right to the content of these episodes than people who recorded episodes and had no hand in creating the content, as enjoyable as it is to see them upload episodes.

Okay, it's one thing to try to profit from your personal edits of episodes, (which I will never understand and seems sketchy at best) but selling intellectual property that you had no hand in creating for personal profit seems illegal, in my opinion. They're lucky that P&G simply hasn't cared enough to go after them.

• Members

Yes, I know that I started watching regularly (instead of it just being on in the background as a kid) in 79 and he was never mentioned. I know that the actor came to the 25th anniversary party so he was up and about and apparently no hard feeling so I wonder if he just wanted to retire? Odd that they just never mentioned him dying off camera. Alma was mentioned when Gregg Marx was Tom as an excuse for Fulton to take her 3 month hiatus at that time, he said she went to take care of her mother, "Grandma" in Florida who was sick. Then Alma was never mentioned again.

• Members

The song completely works for the scene, within the context of everything that surrounds the characters (Lily is also daydreaming about what if Holden were more like Dusty and vice-versa, which plays out later when Lily unexpectedly sees and is shocked by Holden wearing his Miami Vice inspired outfit for the opening of the Mona Lisa) , especially now that I was able to watch the video and listen to a clear recording of the song. I wonder whether the music supervisor, etc. chose the music before or after the scene was blocked and rehearsed? During post production? Or perhaps as soon as they got a copy of the script? It seems tailor made for the scene.

One thing about the video itself. Instead of watching that awkward dancing, I'd rather they just have a slideshow of 1980s Brian Bloom throughout the video, lol.

• Members

Danfling, 

As another poster stated, I believe Judge Lowell last appeared late78/early 79 as he was not seen at Dan Stewart's funeral.

Granpa Hughes was married to Mrs Kopechne in July 75 and didn't that all happen offscreen? So I presume Santos Ortega was probably unwell and not up to appearing before the show expanded. I imagine the funeral was offscreen also (maybe Penny,Edith and John were mentioned as having been there)

Ethel Remey/Alma was written out due to illness and replaced with Dorothy Blackburn until Alma could be written off. Ethel Remey didn't pass away till 79.

• Members

I didn't know that Dorothy Blackburn ever played Alma. A good role for her, though I adored Ethel Remey. Dorothy Blackburn had the important continuing role of Louella on AW, whose testimony placed Liz Matthews on the scene for the murder of Wayne Addison and thus creating enough doubt for the jury to acquit Lenore.