As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Nola/Buzz terrible story, when it could have been a funny story about these oddball characters who everyone loves despite their eccentric behavior, getting together. A nice comedic break from the sturm and drang. They had a lot in common, blue color up bringing, questionable moral choices when they were young. Always thought that they should have brought Nola in to the action earlier, when Jenna was fighting with that bad guy and they go to New York to scam him. Nola could have gone with Buzz to help the scam, and during the course of it all she could have not only found her zest and her adventurous side again (not to mention her talent for deception) but she could have fallen in love with Buzz. That would have started a triangle that made sense (well nothing about Buzz and Jenna made sense...) But having a lovesick Nola stalk Buzz, come on!!!!

I wasnt watching Kirk and Sam...never understood who the Walsh silbings were in relation to the character that the India actress played in relation to who Sam was...(Lucinda's sister right???) Marland's ATWT was getting a little too dense at that time with all of these extra characters coming to town. The show needed the same trimming down to the core families that he did when he got there.

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think there's any way Buzz and Nola would have worked---Deas was a flaming scenery-chewer by then.

Connor and Evan were Lucinda's step-grandchildren. Royce, Neal and Sam (Lucinda's half-brother and sisters) would have been their step-uncle and aunts. I've forgotten (or maybe it was never quite explained) if Royce, Neal and Sam were full siblings or if Sam was from a subsequent relationship of Gloria (Lucinda's mother).

• Members

Thanks, those were the years, that I stopped watching as it got so dark, depressing and boring...(I think I had it with Marland's GL with the Angle Lange storyline and Margo's rape...yes, well written and well acted blah,blah, blah but not what I wanted to see on my lunch time. Especially since Angel was such a simpering fool and then they paired her with Seth Snyder...(oh my god, I am going into a coma thinking about it.) Turned over to Curlee's GL at that time and really (unfortunatley as things turned out) never went back to ATWT but stuck with GL.

• Members

Kathy was playing Kim during the Centerville tornado sequences in the summer of 1975. I realise that I sound like a broken record, but Soap Central's dates are not correct. Kathryn Hays went on medical leave at the end of October 1975. She returned the first week of February 1976, giving her a leave of a little over three months. Actress Patty McCormack subbed as Kim in Kathy's absence, playing the character during Jennifer's death and the expansion of the series to an hour.

Correct on both counts.

Edited by saynotoursoap

• Members

I think I remember reading something about McCormack being surprised she wasn't there longer, or she had moved to NY to be there longer, or something.

It must have been tough for fans to see a temp playing the scenes with Jennifer, and probably tough for McCormack too.

Soapcentral has some great info but some is off - the dates for Lindsay Frost Betsy are way off, I think.

What did you think of the various Sandys?

• Members

Thanks saynotoursoap and CarlD. I was wondering why they would tell such a serious story without Kathy in the role. Although the same goes for Jennifer's death but they couldn't help it either way.

Does anyone know anything more about the Gil Stallings story? I know he tampered with Lisa's brakes and trapped her in a fire at the bookstore, but what else did he do?

• Members

Patty is 12 years younger than Hays-did that show onscreen? Also I assume she was brunette for the role,as most of what I have seen her in,she was blonde.

A very suspicious delivery man was found near the bookstore and when Lisa described the man to Jay, he realized he was his stepfather, Gil Stallings. Nobody believed that Gil is the one who tried to kill Lisa twice. One night, Gil locked Lisa in a closet and told Jay he married his mother for the money but the money was left to Jay. He would kill Lisa and made it look as though Jay killed her and then killed himself. Grant learned form Salt Lake City police Gil inherited Jay’s legacy and realized Jay and Lisa were in danger. He surprised Gil who had shot Jay. Jay was hospitalized and Gil was killed escaping.

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

In that 80's era of big,big hair Colleen really stood out with that chic cut.It really became her signature look.

Regarding Barbara's mother Jennifer,little mention is ever made of Geraldine Court,who originated the role.How long was she on? Did anyone (saynotoursoap?)see her in the role?

I see Gillian Spencer took over in 72.Was this because Irna returned and didn't like Geraldine in the role?