OLTL: Two Actors Let Go

xtr

• Members

I'm glad Jason Tam has been fired, he was too good for them.

Terel should have been fired ages ago, can't believe they kept him while firing Daphnee Duplaix. :rolleyes:

I also foolishly believed Farah Fath would be one of the actors, guess SON was wrong about her being out. :(

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sigh. Goodbye, Markko. :( I really liked him, he was such a nice guy. And Jason is a great actor. I guess Ford and Langston is the new supercouple? Dear God.

Terrell? I've never hated him like most but I don't think he's necessary, either, and it has nothing to do with race. I was pissed when they kept him over Daphnee but I didn't really want either of them gone then. Now it seems fitting. I hope Sean Ringgold is given a contract. I mean, who doesn't love Shaun?

Best of luck to them both.

• Members

Losing Markko is a shame and a waste. Losing Greg, well, he's funny but it won't kill me. The fact is they need better black characters. They just don't care. Without Rachel and to a lesser extent Layla and at least a couple strong black male leads I have very little investment in Destiny, Darren and Theo Price. Destiny and Darren should be strong supporting roles, instead they are a choir for the white folks' problems. And Shenell Edmonds still ain't that good.

• Members

I still feel sad when we are happy to see good actors leave a soap. I do think Jason deserves better and I'm sure he will work a lot in theater and in other projects but soaps used to have many of the best actors and wrote wonderful material for them. Now we are relieved when the talented but poorly used actors are gone, while the dross stays and stays, barely bothering to make eye contact or read their lines.

Archived