OLTL: Two Actors Let Go

xtr

• Members

According to ABC Soaps In Depth, Jason Tams (Markko) and Terrell Tilford (Greg) have been let go from the show:

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2010/09/two-oltl-stars-are-let-go.html

Jason just returned as Marrko, I guess they might have his dad get better and have him leave again and go back to school. And maybe Greg might end up going to jail for his part in the Tea/Eli stuff. Or get punished in some way or maybe he will just leave town.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Of course someone will. It's a given. Especially with Jason Tam (whose appearance as Markko-the-pointless the other day felt more like a cameo than a return) getting the ax too. Everything is a anti-minority conspiracy.

But contrary to popular opinion, I don't too much mind TT. His is the only Evans' character who doesn't really bother me. I don't like him, but can tune him out. It's the (h)ac(k)tors playing Shaun and Destiny especially who I find grating, and who make me want to send subliminal hexes to. Those two jokers are green as grass and have more squeaks than the Tinman. TT's problem is that he's paper thin, but at least he isn't as rough around the edges as his on screen siblings are.

• Members

Surely you're not surprised if people wonder about OLTL firing two more minority actors after already dumping three of them earlier this year.

Firing Jason Tam is such a waste of talent, especially on a show where the mouth-breathing melted plastic that is the Fords is passed off as a younger generation.

• Members

Finally, Jason Tam is free! I'll cross my fingers that my boy will get something really great soon. I wonder if he'll go back to theatre?

As for Terrell Tilford, the whole Evans family definitely needs to go so it's nice to hear that he's gone. However, seeing the characters that ARE still there, the people on this board just brushing off the argument that race is not an issue are just ignorant.

• Members

It's easier for OLTL to have pointless black characters who can casually be discarded. With Rachel around some viewers would always wonder when she was going to get a story beyond holding Tea's hand. With someone like Darren, nobody cares.

• Members

Didn't you know? Real fans don't question such things. They just trust in the wisdom of the village elders and save their long-term memories for truly important things like what hairspray Judith Light used when she was on the show or the name of the dayplayer who played "Hotel Desk Clerk" during Tina and Cord's wedding. You know, the history that MATTERS!

Haven't seen enough (read: anything) from Tilford to hazard a guess where his career will go from here, but he's got that look that makes me think he'll be fine. Like Dorian Gregory or Cody Bell, he's black but not so black he'd make the white ladies grab their purses. I predict he'll get a gig on some Fox or CW show as an ineffectual but trustworthy cop, bartender or medical examiner while Tam will get a theatre gig before the year is out.

Archived