OLTL: Two Actors Let Go

xtr

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this is true as well. Destiny is always echoing someone's problem/trying to solve someone's problem. She's been doing it quite a bit with Dani lately.

And there really isn't much focus on a storyline for her and Darren. The other day, she told Darren to walk away so that Nate/Dani could have time alone, and the attention was focused on Nate/Dani and how their romance was highlighted. I've never seen Destiny kiss Darren, has she? I don't know if she really likes him a lot, or if she's just kind of with him, because he really likes her and she couldn't have Matthew. I know she didn't care for Darren much at first, but it seems like she's softened towards him.

Greg hasn't really been doing a whole lot lately, but what he has done has been for the most part wrong and he's been getting pushed around by people.

I do like Shaun. He may not be the best actor. But I think he's nice and comes off as a regular person, like someone in real life people could know/be friends with/be related to.

• Members

I always seem to have a different opinion than the other posters. I actually like both actors - Jason and Terrell. I'm not upset about Jason leaving because Markko had no purpose on the show. His only storyline option was whether he would or would not get back with Langston, and quite frankly, I don't really care either way. I also found his family obnoxious and self-righetous. (His mom slapping Dorian because Lang cheated on Markko? Really? That infuriated me that she demeaned Dorian as a mother, when Dorian adopted Langston when she was a teenager and provided her with everything. So the girl cheated on Markko. They're in their teens. It happens. It doesn't make Dorian a bad mother, deserving of physical assault.) Bottom line, not sad to see Markko go - only wish he would take Lang with him.

Greg, on the other hand, I liked. There was something easy about him; he wasn't the best actor and struggled with the more emotional scenes, but it was never bad (like John, Gigi, Rex, etc.). I also like Destiny and Shaun and thought the three of them had an interesting dynamic.

• Members

Unfortunately it does kind of come off like this. The other day Destiny and Darren had to leave so that the “star” teen couple (Dani/Nate) out of their group, had to be featured more. Today’s she’s once again talking about being there for Dani,

I think they should have paired Destiny with Matt, a while ago. I thought those two had chemistry and she was very supportive of him back when he couldn’t walk. But the writers didn’t pair them partly because of Dani, and then they dropped Dani/Matt, I think because Matt’s look didn’t fit their idea of typical teen hunk. And Nate did for them, plus they found a way to tie him to the Fords.

If Destiny/Matt had been paired together, I think they both would have had better storylines right now. And that Matt probably wouldn't be acting as jerky as he is now. Even though he might still be an intern at BE. Maybe he could have still worked at BE under Clint and maybe went a little darker under Clint’s influence. But not IMO as snotty/dark as he’s become since Dani dumped him. And Destiny could have called him out on any bad behavior he would have done due to working with Clint at BE.

• Members

I think they're more modern than that.

Bigoted deb: Danielle, you're so pretty and you come from good stock, just like us.

Danielle: Thanks.

BD: Why don't you visit our Llanview Confederate Club? We celebrate our heritage.

Danielle: Sure. Can I invite my best friend Destiny?

BD: I don't see why not.

(Destiny and Danielle show up and Destiny is given cold stares)

Spoiled deb: Can you take my coat?

Destiny: Do you think I work here or something?

SD: I don't speak jive.

Dani: That's racist!

Destiny: It's OK...I'm used to it...

(Destiny begins to cry)

Dani: WELL I'M NOT! THE ONLY COLOR I SEE IS RED!!!!

Todd: Gotaproblemhere?

Dani: Dad, do something NOW!

Todd: OK.

(bodyguards shove all the girls down flights of stairs)

Destiny: Thank you Mr. Manning. Now I know we might have a bright tomorrow. I don't have to hug you do I?

Viki: Of course you should hug Todd. He is an emblem of our color blind future. God bless you, Todd.

Todd: Yeah, whatever.

Blair: Tea, you would be so proud...(weeps into Tea's picture)

Archived