Actor and Actress to leave Y&R?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well I'm glad that JT will be leaving alive. I am not holding out any hope for any kind of a decent exit and I deeply resent the idea that he should give up his son because he is having a baby with Mac, but then, if it means we are spared a story where JT tries to kill himself and Reed or something.

• Members

I don't buy that Thad wanted out of his contract. I think that he was fired and this is face saving.

The pairing with Victoria ruined JT. He should have never been aged out of the younger set since he looked young and had more potential love interests in that age range.

• Members

On the one hand, I agree with you, but on the other hand, at that time, the show's main younger leading men were Kevin and Daniel. Mainly Kevin. I think if JT had been in any type of direct story conflict with them he would have been written out several years ago.

• Members

Maybe we'll be surprised that J.T. gets to keep Reed. If Victoria gets him it'll be a waste since he'll never been seen after that or he'll end up in a Swiss boarding school.

I don't think Maria had any idea of what to do with him, especially after he quit Newman. He went from being partners with Paul one day and than went to work for Tucker in the blink of an eye as if nothing happened. Aside from the initial Tucker storyline they didn't seem too dedicated to showing him as a business man. Cane was shown more in the business storylines. If Colleen had been recast (maybe with Alexandra Chandro or Lindze Letherman) they could have done a role reversal of their original love story, instead of her taming him he would have brought her back to being the character we liked. He was one of the reasons that people started to like Tammin. Instead of being with Victoria he could have been with Jana. His love story with her could have been her redemption instead of that stupid tumor and her asexual romance with Kevin. He could have helped Devon with his music career, but of course that would require them to show Devon. As mentioned before, he was pretty far removed from his original group. How long did it take for him to have scenes with Billy? It took him two months to have scenes with Mac and he never had one with Raul on his short return. I like that J.T. will work with the police force and he could have been with Chance. Now all he does is "bully" Victoria. For all their indifference in his character I see shades of his younger self in NuNoah, Ronan, and especially Billy.

Mac was a glorified dayplayer. After the story with Billy flopped they really didn't care too much about her. She was put in that asinine story with Lane and their fans crucified her for having PPD despite the fact that if it wasn't for her Lane wouldn't have babies. She was put in the story with J.T. was only because the two characters have history, the actors had chemisty (ymmv), and it was backburning two birds with one stone. It always seemed like she was never allowed to fight back against Chloe or Victoria. They have her defending Victoria despite the fact that Vikki treats her like crap.

• Members

JT has been a prop since Amelia was hired which is sad cause he's grown a LOT & is WAY more talented than her.

But now that she's paired with one of Maria/Hogan/Hamner/Rauch's IT boys Y&R can let Thad go while acting like it's for the greater good of the show.

And has been since horrible Rachel Kimsey.

Which again is sad cause the character is SO important & deserves MUCH better but since certain "fans" ONLY go crazy for extremely propped faux anti heroines she like JT became useless (at least to Maria/Hamner/Hogan/Rauch).

Archived