Actor and Actress to leave Y&R?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why would they rewrite his exit from dying to living? Especially if Vikki getting Reed would be easier with a dead J.T. unless the writers thought that kids would cramp Villy's style. For all we know SOD could be lying or been told a lie to keep J.T.'s exit a secret and he'll end up dying.

I actually believed he wanted to leave, but it wouldn't surprise me if this was a face saving move. If he did want to leave I highly doubt Maria and co. tried to get him to stay by offering him a good story like they did for Michael Graziadei. If they did he was smart enough not to fall for it. My question is why is Amelie breaking the news and not Thad? I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from him yet.

• Members

You know, this whole thing is so sad. TL is the only one original players from the original Billy, Brittany, Mac, Raul story to survive. The irony being that TL was brought on as just a bully -- practically a day-player until they realized that he had something more. He has grown into a fine actor -- loved the original JT/Colleen storyline -- and quite a man. What a shame. There are so many others that should be gone instead of him. He would make a fine leading man -- hello -- a modern-day Paul, which was the way they were grooming him. Whatever. Glad I stopped watching after the Lauren double-fiasco, which led me to picking up B&B again. I think I've been better. Good luck, TL.

• Members

I hate to say this TL mistake is marrying his real life wife. If he wasn't married to her they probably could have done something with his character. Just like Phyllis & Nick. JT & Victoria shouldn't got serious. Like I said I rather keep him then his wife. They should kill off AH Victoria or something. Then he can come back as JT.

• Members

Soaps generally feature characters with inner-conflict but JT's sole conflict is whether to be suger, spice, or everything nice. JT is a boring wimp, almost as bad as Chance. I know where you're going with this--Hogan's comments about men with balls. I don't see JT as moral, just emotionally sophomoric, trite and a bore. Billy is a drunken man-whore but can drive story, if nothing else by causing trouble. What sort of story can JT drive, aside from him catching 'the bad guys'?

Carl, I like your postings but we see male characters so differently. I know Billy, Ronan and Nick are all, to some degree, flawed; however, do you really find JT to be an interesting character? If so, why? He just plays the white knight and women need more than rescue.

• Members

What story has Billy driven since Billy Miller's arrival?

It's just mugging, screwing around, and then everything is forgotten a week later. Desperately throwing random women at Billy is a sign they have no idea what to do with him. So is suddenly shackling him to Victoria in stories that have nothing to do with him and are about repeating scenes she's had with Victor for decades.

There's plenty they could have done with JT. His past, his career as a PI (which gave Paul stories for years), his relationship with Colleen if they hadn't killed her off.

What have they done with Nick? He is absolutely worthless. He does nothing but react to the hysteria of female characters and he even does that less and less.

The show does not know how to write for men. Once the sputtering hard-ons fizzle out, it's just a sad shell.

• Members

Y&R has 25% male viewership, very high for daytime, and I think this is because, for the most part, the show has done a good job writing male characters. ATWT was told almost exclusivly from a female perspective but I've always felt that Y&R is really good at giving male characters strong motive, depth and voice. Billy is supposed to be a mess, a Jack Jr. with elements of Jill. Billy has changed a lot since a teen but so have most soap characters. At the start, JT was a bully but, now, is a white knight. Billy is a mixer, causes drama, scangle and problems for the entire town via his conduct and mag. Billy, like Jack, is a trouble maker. As of late, he has been developing, becoming more mature, 'cause of this love for Victoria. The character is certanly softer now.

I've always just considered JT a bore. The PI stuff would have been bad--it, as well as Paul, was, for me, one of the less interesting parts of the show. Also, prime time does crime so much better than a soap. Aside from having a pretty face, JT has never had a real purpose on the show. I like'nice guys with morals' but have never thought of him that way since he slept with Britt's mother. If anything, I see Kevin as the nice guy character. Aside from his mental issues, Kevin is a hopeless romantic and overall sweet character.The same can be said for Michael who has really developed during his marriage to Lauran. I would even dare to call Cane a nice guy who happens to have a troubled past. These characters can easily fill any void left by JT.

I think you just love the nice boys. I just think they are boring soap material.

• Members

I have a theory that Nick is totally bi because Phyllis is actually a drag queen. Eventually, we will discover that she was born Phillip and is actually Jill's long lost baby. This is why Jack, who we all know is madly in love with Victor, also hooks up with Phyllis or, as he calls her, Red. Nick isn't really a bad guy. The problem is that he can't choose between the dominance of Phyl and the femme of Sharron. Eventually, once Nick figures out his sexuality, he will transform into the nicest guy in Genoa City ;)

As for Jack, he will always remain a bitter bottom bitch, unless Victor finally takes him out to the stables.

I swear that both Nick and Jack have some really 'gay' qualities and wonder if this is the writers inside joke. jack has never even had a real love story. He just jumps from woman to woman and it is rather gross.

Archived