Actor and Actress to leave Y&R?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think recasting vets with younger actors is a good idea. In reality, older vets get pushed off canvus--agism plus there are just less interesting options for old folks. Imagine recasting Jill with GH Brenda and giving the character anouther 20 years on canvus ;) That is exactly what they have with Diane and I'll bet anything she gets preggers within one year.

• Members

It was a joke. Was trying to make a point regarding age. Pat Bruder on ATWT was far younger than her character but a lot can be done with hair and make up. I just don't think age should prevent a good recast whether the actor be younger or older. KMH would be a good KC recast if the former actress is MIA. I always liked Nikky having a sister and felt they could have done much more exploring the character. Plus, KMH is one of my top 5 fav soap actresses ;) She was a nightmare as Emily but certainly could be a more subtle character.

• Members

Agreed, she could be another sister or even cousin. I could just see them setting up an afair with her and Victor, some lame yet twisted love triangle. With this said, I do not want to see Y&R flooded with ATWT talent. If ATWT was so great, why didn't they just keep the show as opposed to shifting everyone including Goutman to GC. Goutman will kill the show--Grr

KMH is, in my view, a great actress and could easily pass for Nikki's sister. No one cries like Kelly (lol) and the show currently lacks any real emotional outbursts. Was watching a clip of Kay crying when Phillip left in 1974 and was taken aback by such emotional realism. I do wonder if people would call drunk Kay a sociopath these days. She basically stalked and murdered Phillip in the car crash. In some ways, he obsession with Phillip reminds me of Adam's 'love' for Sharron.

Kay was vile in the 1970's--drinking, cheating with the stable guy, taking Jill to court, having baby Phillip turned into a bastard, creating plots to turn Phillip against his own mother. Kay was a sociopah for years and now is the moral core of Y&R. With the correct writer, Adam could be redeemed in a similar way.

• Members

I don't think she's all that and a bag of chips but both you you are mean. She is plain looking but doesn't look like a horse. Hate when people get cruel about looks. These are areas in which we should all be a bit careful. If someone were to call an African American actor too dark, that would be racist; if someone called Van frrm ATWT too femme, that's pbobic; however, it is cool to mock VM, who is clearly part Natice American, and her indignous Cheek bones. Also, even if she were just a plain white girl, there is something very wrong with making fun of physical traits. Everyone should learn to be more mature an nicer. There is no such thing as ugly.

• Members

When a character and an actress are endlessly praised for their looks, then obviously they are going to be scrutinized. VMG has, in my opinion, not aged well, and I put some of that on what I would say is bad plastic surgery. For the show to continue to act like she's still Brenda circa 1998 is ridiculous. It's not about "Native American cheekbones" so much as cheek implants, at least to my eye.

I'm also not sure what it is about people not being allowed to call Van Hansis femme -- I've seen that type of comment here more than once and there wasn't a big outcry.

• Members

People, typically gay men, trashed Van every day for being 'nelly' and a 'big bottom'. It was pathetic and you know most of the posters were probably far bigger queens than Van on his gayest day ;) I hate this sort of speach and it reminds me of when blacks complain about another person being 'too dark'. It is all about internalized self-hate.

A few members, not saying names, would flip if a str8 man ever made similar Luke comments. Also, hearing about Luke's need to get 'plucked' on a daily basis was just crude. We all joke in here but there should be certain self-imposed limits.

• Members

We make fun of VM for her unnecessary plastic surgery...When you're a television star you're putting yourself out there and you have to face it, not everyone is going to have the best opinion of you especially when you change a once beautiful face.

Archived