Two ATWT Stars heading to ABC!

• Members

Carolyn Hinsey posted on Facebook that we should expect two ATWT stars on ABC in the coming weeks. One will be a recast and the other in a new role. Any guesses? I'd like to hope Terri Columbino is one of those picked up. Billy Magnussen and Michael Park are other suggestions.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't see Terri fitting into an ABC soap. She is a very stylized actress and she was very lucky that Goutman loved Katie so much.

Park and Magnusson seem like good guesses. I wouldn't be shocked if Park is Joey Buchanan, even though he's a few years too old.

I can also see Cosgrove being one of the names, even though he is not a "star" of ATWT.

I also wonder about Julie Pinson.

• Members

The only ATWT stars I want on ABC are Noelle Beck, Daniel Cosgrove or Julie Pinson. Noelle is SO a Lainey recast on AMC. She looks like Paige Turco and would fit in perfectly since they are trying to beef up the Corltlandt family. If not Lainey, I can see her being a sister of Krystal, whom she never talked about bc there was bad blood between them. I really want her on AMC

I could definetly see them brinnging Julie Pinson on as a Lois recast on GH. She has the Bensonhurt connection, Brenda is back and Brook is in town. I can see them dropping Olivia (hopefully), not to mention other useless females to accomdate her.

As far as Cosgrove, I can easily see him as Joey on OLTL. Id love to see him back as Scott on AMC, but Mayfield has been alright now that he's been paired with Annie

• Members

Forbes March was HORRIBLE as Scott. One of the worst recasts and was so bland and not a good actor. But I think a big part of that was simply bc he was a model at the time and had little acting experience. I grew to love him on OLTL, to the point where I think he's a much better actor and may be better for the role. I just dont have fond memories of him as Scott at all, but he shined as Nash. AM is bland and not leading man material but he comes alive with MCE. Without her though, he doesnt bring much to the table

I loved Pinson on PC. She was good on Days, but the writing did her no favors there. I wouldnt mind seeing her on GH. Lois would be a good fit for her.

Or how about if its Marie Wilson? I can see her as a Reese recast on AMC, but Id kill to see her reprise her role as Karen on GH, retconning her death on PC. Chance are slim of that happeing but Id love it if they dropped Sam and brought Karen back for Jason, reconnecting now with his Morgan personality

• Members

Most of what I remember him doing on OLTL was yelling. Then again Scott is such a pointless role it doesn't matter who plays him.

I can't see Lois ever coming back to GH. They tried once and it was a flop. Brook Lyn doesn't need her mother, as having her mother on the show would be a reminder that the whole story about her being some credit card fraud whore is ridiculous and Lois would never let it happen.

I can't see GH hiring Pinson, especially since she is a healthy weight and the show is overrun with Sonny-loving brunettes. I can see AMC hiring her though.

I really hope OLTL will avoid the temptation of just casting Cosgrove and having him play himself again or having him play a Fillion clone. That won't fit on today's very dark, shallow Llanscape, and it will end up being Cosgrove standing around having to outmug hammy JPL or look confused while TSJ and Michael Easton put him to sleep.

• Members

I didnt think it was a flop. I loved Lesli Kay and thought she was good as Lois especially paired with Lorenzo. I think what did her in was getting pregnant and she was soon written off the show. As far as the Sonny brunettes, there's a whole lot of them that can see their way out the door.

Archived