Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

Look at this group it is so easy to spot who is real Dallas and who is fake Dallas. Dusty Farlowe was real Dallas: he wore a hat, was in the rodeo and had a bit of an accent. Ray was real Dallas, Donna was real Dallas. Hats, accents, jeans, Dallas. That dutch woman supposedly the great love of JR's life, that is not real Dallas.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why did they not have Sasha Mitchell in those credits?

I never know how many young(ish) women there were on the show. I don't remember Geri Jewel, or whatever her name was, or Gayle Hunnicut, or that woman who played Hope on Y&R for a few days.

I never know which thread old Dallas material goes in, but in the other Dallas thread I put a promo that talks about "Dallas enters the 90's."

• Members

There are some that are left out in those credits that did appear on Dallas. I wasnt sure where to put it but I decided here for those who havent watched the original show.

I floved TPM...what a hot guy. I liked him as Mickey...pissed off at the world...lol...it was sad to see him leave the show and then pass away.

• Members

The dutch woman was James mom...son of JR....that whole story was pure bullshit...just hated it

Ha...I like Jack Scalia's hair...I thought he was rather sexy

Andrew Stevens first scene was a speedo...lol....he was April's ex if I remember correctly

• Members

If this article has been posted already, please forgive:

http://www.forbes.co...rom-tnt-reboot/

Same. Jacobs said, too, the scripts he'd been reading were too plot-driven and that the original series (and "Knots Landing") ran "five years too long" because the audience loved the characters and not necessarily the plots. ("Same" to that as well.)

A. MEN.

ETA: Of course, the thought of Jesse Metcalfe portraying Christopher as a villain is nightmarish, but I agree that it would have set up juicier conflicts between Bobby and Christopher, J.R. and John Ross, John Ross and Christopher, Bobby and J.R., etc.

And I definitely like the idea of Bobby's new wife being from the East Coast and from "old money" rather than what we have now. It might have made for an interesting contrast, as well as given the stories a stronger P.O.V. (Imagine: the new Mrs. Ewing, coming from a Philadelphia Main Line clan, stepping into "unchartered territory" with the Ewings, as the "ghost" of Pam lingers over everything.)

• Members

That's a shame. David Jacobs should have been given more respect, as he certainly knew what he was doing with the original shows. The lack of respect shown to the original Dallas is all over the revival, from the bizarre digs against Miss Ellie, to the wan portrayals of most of the original characters, to the deadly dull casting of the new characters. No wonder the ratings aren't better.

• Members

I just hope Jacobs is allowed to participate in the "Knots" revival (if there is one) and that it's run by people who "get" their show better than Cidre "gets" hers. As it is, I'd rather watch FALCON CREST reruns. Say what you will about Lorenzo Lamas, but at least he tries, which is more than what I could say about JM.

• Members

Was that Ray Krebbs who was made a cameo in the last episode? How the heck could they just do a driveby with him in the background so nonchalantly like that? That was Lucy with him? I thought that was his wife at first...lol

• Members

Oh thats right...but Casey was show in a speedo in his first scene...I recall JR asking the girl passing out drinks at the hotel which one was Casey and she pointed to Andrew and something like that one over....and made a remark on how hot he was.

As for Jacobs...yes the characters should be liked...so we can root for them.....care for them.....but nothing can be done about Metcalf...but to have Christopher the bad one ....HELL NO...so they can do a MAB that Bobby was a bad parent and because Pam is gone he turned out evil....NO......JR's son has always been the one who was going to turn out like Daddy.....

Archived