AMC- Friday - Aug 20, 2010

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Overall, I loved most of this episode, except for Greenlee going behind David's back to call Ryan and later breaking into Ryan's apartment.

I had to laugh when JR questioned Scott about why Marissa left and later when Marissa couldn't deal with JR because the guilt was getting to her and she ran right into Scott.

Annie's nightmare was so campy! It was great when she told JR about it and opened up to him about her fear of losing another husband.

Angie admitting to Jesse that she's scared was also great. I'm intrigued by their consulting with Caleb about taking David down.

I'm so glad David finally realized Angie can't see and I can't wait for Monday!

• Members

I love when Annie has dreams and nightmares. They should make them a recurring theme with her. Give her over the top fantasy sequences like Annie from Sunset Beach. MCE is so good at playing Annie as a comedic bitch, that she can pull it off

• Members

That was a great ending to Friday's episode, perfectly structured..I can't wait to see how things go with Angie and David on Monday. I'm sure it won't disappoint..

That last moment between JR and Annie was beautiful! This is so not the end. I totally don't even mind now if Scott & Annie get married because...that is not going to last! No freaking way, the looks JR was giving when they confirmed they wanted to get married fast, he is so jealous...and things going rocky between him and Marissa, their marriage crumbling, it's only a matter of time. And Annie is trying her hardest to convince herself she really wants to be with Scott, but you can tell she really wants JR...great scenes between them today, as always.

Love seeing Anthony Pascarelli directing studio scenes instead of just the location ones. I was surprised to see his name under the Director credit today. He did a great job on Annie's dream sequence.

David and Greenlee were so convincing today as a couple, I love them together...I hate that Greenlee isn't really being sincere with him. Wish AMC would have just let them be happy together! HATED Greenlee swiftly walking through Ryan's apartment at the end, looking at stuff angry.gif ugh.

• Members

I agree!

FREEDAVID.png

But, seriously, the whole David & Greenlee story never panned out to what it was supposed to be, so I really see no point in keeping it going. The idea, at least what was being dangled in front of those of us anticipating this story, was that they'd be going through town, wreckin' shit like a 7.0! Instead, we got everyone in town treating Greenlee as some victimized, wounded little bird, and her making misty doe eyes at Jack, Ryan and Emma... and then having David do all of her dirty work, while she looks longingly at Jack, Ryan, Emma... as if Greenlee was brainwashed by David into participating in an idea she came up with.

If the idea was to bring Rylee back together in the reunion we've been waiting for, it's happened. Ryan's treating Madison like shit, Kendall's back to neglecting her marriage and children, and Greenlee fully despises David because now she's done using him all for the sake of this reunion we've been waiting for. Reunite them and get a new story, already.

Oops, wait. Rylee was never any good at generating story, were they? No matter who was writing them.

• Members

I'm five minutes in, and nobody mentions the line of the day so far?

Marissa: "Poor Annie! You're always the bridesmaid! No! Actually, you are always the bride...that is, until the guy wises up and leaves your sorry ass!"

Annie: "Marissa, you don't even talk like that."

Annie sorta reminds me of young Erica here:

3136dd5.jpg

Actually, the whole thing reminds me of Tom and Erica's wedding. All Annie needs is a Mona...

MONA: Annie, you can't marry Scott.

ANNIE: What!?

MONA: If you're in love with JR, which I think you are, you can't go through with this marriage today.

ANNIE: I...don't understand what you're talking about...

MONA: I'm talking about your feelings, about your life. Answer me, Annie, do you love JR?

ANNIE: *[!@#$%^&*], I don't know face*

I wish Caleb would have turned down Krystal's annoying assumption that he help Angie and Jesse fight David. He doesn't even know David! TPTB seem determined to get everyone against him...please tell me I'm not the first to smell a Who Shot David? story coming up. It's inevitable.

What the show needs right now is someone who comes in, tells it like it i,s and unapologetically calls everyone out on their crap.

• Members

Yeah, but Greenlee has to build up David's trust, so that she can completely destroy it and David will go off the rails. Of course, it will all be David's fault because he is blackmailing her. I like these writers, but I don't like what they are doing with David at all. I feel like I've seen this story many times before.

Archived