ATWT: Elizabeth Hubbard talks to Tv Guide

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great interview. I remember Logan saying years ago that Liz was too OTT for him so I was surprised he was so positive but then I guess she deserves that respect in her last interview for ATWT. I will miss Lucinda so much. It has never been the same since FMB came along and had no real idea what to do with Lucinda and finally Liz left the show -- she has been much more low-key on her return. One of the few real pleasures of this last year on ATWT has been Lucinda going back somewhat to the finger-in-every-pie, mannered, restless woman she was in her best years. It was, as Hubbard once said FMB said they should call a gag reel of her, "Liz Unleashed!"

Yes. She knew what was best for her character and the show to the end. I'm glad Goutman for once did not let spite get in the way...

• Members

Your damn right she could demand attention. I used to look forward to her short emmy clips every year in the 80's when she was nominated. And I have only seen maybe 3-4 episodes of ATWT in my entire life, one of which was the Walsh takeover episode with Connor Jamison sp?

She had the BEST daytime emmy reels, and how she never won in the 80's is beyond me. I would sit there mesmerized and play the tape over and over. lol

I remember pretty much verbatim the scene they showed in 1988 or 89.

"Lily is going back to Montega, WAIT FOR IT! SHE'S GOING BACK TO MONTEGA, WAIT FOR IT!!!, to give Craig SPACE!.. SPACE!!! So he can make a decision about... I WILL NOT ALLOW IT AMBROSE! I will NOT ALLOW IT! I WILL NOT ALLOW CRAIG TO DRIVE MY DAUGHTER OUT OF MY LIFE AGAIN. ("Ambrose" tries to say something)

I WILL TELL HIM WHAT I THINK! AND I WILL TELL ELLIE SNYDER!! IF WHOEVER IS ON THE PHONE WILL GET OFF THE DAMN PHONE!!!!! (Before call waiting, of course)

• Members

There were many characters on ATWT who could incite drama just by entering a room, and EH's Lucinda definitely was one of them. EH, too, is probably one of the last, remaining people in this cursed business who still pushes for integrity when everyone else just wants to get the damned thing done so they can go home. I'll miss her. I'll miss Lucinda. :(

• Members

No, we don't. We really don't. I have two and I still don't. laugh.gif I hope CBS finds that out the hard way, not that it will change anything. The least they could have done is put on a freaking game show or something.

LH is one of the actors that I'll miss the most, since she will most likely retire.

• Members

You know, if Y&R still told business stories entertainingly, and PGP allowed their soap characters to cross over to non-PGP soaps, I think a short-term arc for Lucinda and WorldWide could have been interesting. Lucinda doing corporate battle with Victor, the Abbot's, Katherine, and Jill.

But no, not now, not with the current management at Y&R.

I think ATWT and GL could have had a great corporate crossover battle in the early 90's, when Spaulding and Walsh Enterprises still meant something. Alexandra (Bev McKinsey of course) and Lucinda doing battle in a short-term story arc? Sign me up.

Archived