AMC: SOAPNet August Preview

• Members

Kendall's back! Yes, on August 9th, Alicia Minshew returns full time to AMC. After learning about Bianca's return and Ryan's aneurysm, Kendall bids farewell to her aquatic lifestyle and comes home. Upon arrival, Ryan fills her in on what David has been putting Greenlee through. Look for Kendall to spring into action as only Kendall can (read: with a scheme and a sharp tongue) to help her best friend -- and maybe help Ryan and Greens come together. Also look for Kendall and Bianca to have a sister-to-sister talk that leads them to reveal unsettling details about their lives since leaving town. But what about Kendall and Zach? Look for Thorsten Kaye to make a limited appearance (remember, he chose not to move to L.A. when AMC relocated) as Zach to explain what's been going on in the Slater/Hart marriage.

David is keeping a watchful eye on his wife, but he may have good reason to. Greenlee decides to fight back against her husband's blackmail. It's seriously the war of the roses -- and may the best Hayward win! Complicating things (in a good way) is Ryan. He knows David's got something on Greenlee, and Greenlee has even admitted that she's got a plan to take down David. But she's not giving specifics -- so Ryan comes up with a plan of his own. Might this spell trouble for the two exes -- or bring them closer?

Angie finally tells her family about her vision loss and the progress the medication she's been experimenting with is making. However, she also explains that she has to stop taking those meds if she wants to carry the baby to term. What will Angie decide? And will Jesse be able to accept her decision? In this midst of all this, David grows more suspicious about Angie's erratic behavior. Is the jig up ... or does Angie find a way to continue to cover up her condition?

The Chandler Mansion, if you haven't noticed, is sort of like Melrose Place in that everyone is all up in each other's business. There's just no pool. Anyway, Annie and JR are all about her wedding to Scott -- mostly because they think (perhaps foolishly) that it'll prevent them from ever sleeping together again. But after Marissa witnesses another tender moment between her hubs and Annie, everything hits the fan. There's BIG fallout from what Marissa is going to do. Oh, and did we mention that Scott's huge secret comes out?

JR isn't alone in watching the one he wants get involved with someone else. This month, things heat up with Ryan and Madison as Greenlee's feelings for Ryan grown stronger. When Madison turns to Frankie for advice, he expresses his concern over her relationship with Ryan. But it may be too late. Madison admits she's fallen for Ryan, and if Greenlee wants him back, she'll have to fight her for him. Hide the bookends!

Liza's various schemes are finally exposed to Colby this month. After Colby learns of her mother's betrayal, she tells Damon that she wants to get the heck out of Dodge. Where will they go and will their parents be able to track them down? While on the run, Colby and Damon meet a mysterious (and insanely good looking) guy named Asher -- who may not be who he says he is. Is it harmless fun or is danger lurking?

Will JR and Marissa's family grow? Is Ryan's health scare really behind him? What's Caleb's plan for the Chandlers? Who's Krystal's new ally? Where's Reese? These questions and more will be answered. And someone in Pine Valley is about to get a dramatic makeover.

http://sn.soapnet.go.com/news/article/all-my-children-august-2010-preview

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I swear if Marissa gets pregnant by Scott and tries to pass it off as JR's I'm gonna scream!!!

I do not EVER again want to see JR get excited about becoming a father just to have it all crumble down on him. The man has been through enough baby drama to last a lifetime even for a soap.

That being said, YAY!!! Scott and Marissa have sex :lol:

I'm totally ignoring the Rylee spoilers.

• Members

I'm sorry to hear that. What do you want to see that the show isn't providing? For the record, that's an honest question. I'm really enjoying the show but I admit there are things I want/don't want. For example:

• A real story for Natalia. Some romance, some intrigue, mixing it up with the rest of the canvas a bit more
  • A story for Brot. I don't know why they backed off of Brot's PTSD. The character and actor deserve better.
  • A set for Chandler Enterprises and a recast Marissa
  • The return of Skye Chandler
  • More info about what's happening with Binks/Reese.
  • The show to back off on David as Magneto and Ryan as Woverine.
  • Madison to get her bitch back
  • More Liza and more Liza/Damon
  • Stop treating Madison, Frankie, Randi, Natalia, Brot, Scott like filler and recognize that the 20-something layer of the show needs serious attention.
  • The return of Reggie Montgomery and Laura English (see above)
  • For David/VI to get some really amazing scenes with Angie/DM when the truth comes out. These actors can work wonders with the right script. Write the scenes, trust the actors then promote the hell out of it.

I don't recall anyone saying that. I see AMC viewers liking and supporting the show on its own merits. I won't presume to speak for everyone but I feel like AMC is the last example of what Agnes Nixon envisioned for soaps. I want that vision to prevail regardless of what other soaps do.

For the record, hating on AMC won't help OLTL.

Archived