GH: August Discussion Thread

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Don't hate!

This was the beginning of another groundbreaking, socially relevant couple in daytime: Courtney and Carly.

The first, OBVIOUSLY, was Jason and Sonny.

ABC Daytime isn't nearly as homophobic as everyone made them out to be in the 90's and early 2000's.

Tame...yes.

Believable, not so much.

• Members

Maybe it's some dig at Barbara Bloom...

I never bought her as Carly. They rewrote the character for her. They have rewritten the character for every actress in the role. I guess that's typical of a lot of recasts but it's glaring with Carly.

• Members

I often wonder if real Vegas chapels get offended by the cheesy way they've been portrayed on TV and in movies forever.

Jason/Sonny used to have scorching chemistry, but now, not so much. Jason left Sonny for the flavor of the month (James).

I feel like I should know the people at the chapel because they look and sound so familiar, but I can't even come up with names...

• Members

Wow did Brenda get even more annoying as the years went by, and IMO Vanessa's acting in the 2002 episode was horrible

Braun didn't play Carly, she played a woman named Carly who was nothing but an extension of Sonny. Carly had NO identity under Braun, just Sonny's wife

THIS!

• Members

I am glad to see Liza in some of these older episodes today.

I really liked Courtney, even though I think I might be in the minority on that on the internet. I don't think that a lot of people on the internet liked her.

Tamara's Carly is the only Carly I liked with Sonny at times. I liked them back in 2002 and when she got pregnant with Morgan.

• Members

She's been weak for a long time. She gets by on presence and her looks. I think she was OK for a while but by the end of her first stint she was not good.

It's funny, because they hype her with all these dead weight leading men, but the only time I remember her making an effort in her later years was with women. Sarah Brown, Crystal Carson, Kimberly McCullough, Jennifer Hetrick. All her scenes with men, especially Jax, were beyond phoned in.

Archived