DAYS: Contract Male Role

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

According to several of his cast mates, both current and former, Daniel Cosgrove has a very acerbic sense of humor - but good luck seeing any of that on-camera, I say! I don't know whether it's b/c of the material he's always given to play or what, but...it's like w/ AMC's Cameron Mathison (Ryan). If the dude has genuine charm and "spark," it must go running for cover the minute the camera's on him. Most of the time, therefore, I just see someone who clearly would rather be doing something else.

• Members

I have liked Greg Vaughan ever since he was in some primetime soap that took place in SoCal (Malibu?), and his character took a female character to task for wearing perfume in his room. "It's worse than cigarette smoke." ICAM.

Oh, and he's gorgeous.

I'm auditioning DOOL for a post-ATWT soap. I haven't ever really liked it enough to stick with it for more than a week at a time, except for a few months of Broe v. Phloe, and back in the '80s when Patch and Kayla got married, and there was this kid Benjy who wouldn't talk, and "Mr. Sheffield" from THE NANNY was married to the blonde haired woman who was the second Paulina on AW.

I've seen numerous posts talking about the chemistry two current male characters have with each other, but I haven't seen them on TV yet. Is there any reason to be optimistic that this show is seeding a gay storyline, or have those posts been wishful thinking?

• Members

Wait, what?

The latter. No way would "conservative" Ken Corday even consider pairing Will with Chad. Probably, not even if it meant survival for the show. Never mind that there have been times when DAYS was just about the gayest thing around.

• Members

I'd rather see Greg Vaughn as Shawn Brady. He could never pass as Sweeney's twin, I know it doesn't matter that much but aren't they looking for someone with light hair and eyes. That's not GV, he would be more believable as a Bope kid.

• Members

Why did I immediately think of Grandpa Shawn the first time I read that sentence, lol? Then again, this is DAYS. I wouldn't put it past Stefano to have faked his death, de-aged him, and then turned him into his newest henchman.

But seriously, if GV were to join DAYS, I'd rather it be as Jeremy Horton. He'd be a serious improvement over the last one!

• Members

Was it a different blonde haired woman (whose name is Judi Evans, I think)? Wait, she was with Wally Kurth's character, wasn't she? (I really don't know a lot about DOOL, as you can see.) Shane Donovan, that's who "Mr. Sheffield" played. Wasn't he involved with someone (or someones, since he was a little James Bond-ish)?

Yes, I did mean Shane. Kayla was the one married to Patch, yes? I remember the name "Kimberly Donovan." Who played her? And does Judi Evans have anything to do with these characters?

EDIT: Never mind. I looked it up. Patsy Pease played Kim, and I must have confused her with Judi Evans. That happens with me and blondes.

• Members

Shane Donovan was one half of the super couple, Shane and Kim, played most famously by Patsy Pease. However, near the end of Shane's run in the early nineties, he dated Kayla, played by Mary Beth Evans. Personally, it seems more logical to have mistaken Judi Evans (your Paulina reference) for MBE, than PP. However, who knows what crazy games our minds choose to play with us. Being blond and having big hair made all the women of the 80's look alike to me. :lol:

• Members
Dan Wells, sure. Loved him. But I find it weird since he was on the show as Stan before. I know it's a soap and they do stuff like that. I just have a problem with it. There must be someone else out there.

But yuck. Wouldn't want any of those others on the show, and definitely not as Eric. Van Hansis as Eric Brady? Crazy. Plus he looks younger then Ali Sweeney.

Jensen Ackles is beautiful and handsome. If they cast someone new in the role, that person should be just as handsome as him (although it would be hard to find someone as pretty as Jensen, haha). Daniel Cosgrove looks good, and has similar haircolor to Jensen, not that the casting dep on soaps usually care about that. But I'm not that into Cosgrove as an actor...

Archived