AMC: Friday, July 30, 2010

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eric, until black characters on ABC Soaps are in the same position as Ryan Lavery, Todd Manning and Jason Morgan, this "person" will constantly cry foul play/racism/minority marginalization until the cows come home.

Hence my intelligence remark.

• Members

Frankly, it doesn't matter who you quoted. Your statement makes it sound as if no intelligent people watch and comment on AMC in these threads, which I don't think is fair or accurate. Granted, I don't agree with most who do comment about AMC, but I'm certainly not going to think less of them for it.

• Members

Yes it is.

I

They totally can.

From making Jesse a lame duck police chief so Zach, Ryan, Tad, David, Adam, JR, Jake or whatever "Lead" White Male characters can enforce their vigilante "justice" or Angie going from a good doctor to planting drugs cause DAVID IS JUST THAT EVOL.

It's total character assassination.

But of course anything that makes them morally culpable no matter how OOC must be defended. As usual.

Oh please.

It doesn't matter HOW "dark" David is supposedly being painted.

NOTHING is his fault. Ever.

To AMC & especially not to certain fans who have decided to absolve him & his FUPA of everything no matter HOW culpable HE may be.

• Members

Yes it is.

They totally can.

From making Jesse a morally compromised police chief so Zach, Ryan, Tad, David, Adam, JR, Jake or whatever "Lead" White Male characters can enforce their vigilante "justice" or Angie going from a good doctor to planting drugs cause DAVID IS JUST THAT EVOL.

It's total character assassination.

But of course anything that makes them morally culpable no matter how OOC must be defended. As usual.

Oh please.

It doesn't matter HOW "dark" David is supposedly being painted.

NOTHING is his fault. Ever.

To AMC & especially not to certain fans who have decided to absolve him & his FUPA of everything no matter HOW culpable HE may be.

• Members

I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree--as we seem to more often than not Deedeed ;) The white cops in One Life are at least as stupid, if not more so (arguably Jesse is the smartest chief AMC has had in decades), and if anything I think they make David the scapegoat TOO much--to say he's never guilty of anything is asinine--do you watch the same show? He's guilty of every single problem in Pine Valley! Furthermore Jesse (and Jacob on Loving/City) has always been a hot head who holds grudges, goes after things, etc...

• Members

And yet NOBODY (the show & especially not the fans) says anything about THEIR constant law breaking, favoritism of certain characters & vigilante justice.

Nor is the audience waiting for the first possible moment for them to break or personally interpret the law to label them "corrupt".

In fact their usually painted as NOBLE (both by the fans & the show) no matter WHAT they do.

No it isn't.

He drugged BIANCA.

Not some random dayplayer.

Not Nurse Gayle.

BIANCA.

And yet AMC & the fans could care less.

"SHE GOT PREGNANT BY HER SISTER'S HUSBAND & IS NOT HOLDING KRYSTAL ACCOUNTABLE TOO!"

Same with Erica & the plane.

For all of David's supposed "culpability" & "guilt" it's ERICA'S fault for rushing!

Same with Greenlee.

"SHE KNEW WHAT SHE WAS GETTING INTO!"

And Liza. And Amanda. And Krystal.

It can't be that David is ever in the wrong unless one or more characters are too.

Hothead yes.

Bad cop no.

• Members

Agreed on the fact he should be a better cop (though it seems Natalia is winning there)

Everything else, I think you're smoking crack lady ;) no one has excused the Bianca drugging. Erica and the plane obviously is gonna come out. It's a SOAP give it some time. As for the fans--I know some have complained about John on OLTL and his breaking the law--I think Jesse's actually much more popular than him or Bo (or Derek was on AMC before). But that's not really AMC's fault...

• Members

Just cause meth's your drug of choice is no need to be snippy.

The show hasn't. Yet.

The fans not so much.

And when it does it will be meaningless & certain fans have already forgiven him.

Again. It doesn't matter how "dark" AMC supposedly paints him.

If TPTB want him on the show & Irizarry wants to stay so will the character.

No matter what characters need to be thrown under the bus to do so.

Nowhere near the amount of or with the vitriol that's directed at Jesse.

The MINUTE Jesse didn't go 100% "by the book" as Chief (way before the Henry stuff) he was being called "corrupt" as opposed to John McBain who regularly breaks the law & gives preferential treatment to other characters (Marty, Cole, Natalie).

Archived