AMC: Friday, July 30, 2010

• Members

I don't believe the Hubbards are being written OOC so much as the actors (Darnell, Debbie, Cornelius, etc.) are being handed material that is truly subpar. (Angie is going blind and she's pregnant? What kind of LOVE IS A MANY SPLENDORED THING rehash is that?)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's the thing--Debbi is selling it so well, I could care less. People complain about soaps not doing the classic storylines that everyone loves--and now are complaining when they do? Should we have a Soprano's inspired storyline for Angie instead? I'm not saying they should do something dated--but I think a storyline like this (which I admit is only *made* cuz of its great acting/delivery) is still relevent enough to work.

• Members

No, of course not, lol. But I think there's a happy medium between "OMG! She's dying, but she's going to have a baby!" and "...And then Rivera's men break into the church and gun down everyone at the wedding."

• Members

They TOTALLY are being written OOC & have been since Pratt's tenure.

Pratt who made NO secret of caring about who characters were or their history & of course i's not something sad trolls want to acknowledge let alone deal with cause it props their prized sociopath.

• Members

It's about having Angie a doctor PLANTING DRUGS or the constant need to absolve David of ANY responsibility when it's convenient just to give The Gut the higher ground. As usual.

It's about making Jesse the police chief obsessed with David so that David can again have the moral high ground & be a constant "victim".

Neither Debbi or Darnell can be ANYTHING remotely resembling their characters as individuals or a couple cause it would defeat the purpose of keeping David's useless ass on the show.

• Members

She's certainly capable of turning out Emmy-worthy performances even when the material is a little weak. As sad and bizarre as it sounds, I look forward to the emotional rollercoaster. There aren't many opportunities in daytime these days to feel :o and :( as opposed to :rolleyes: and <_< .

• Members

I kinda agree with the David obsession--but I meant this storyline specifically, and right now (and I have a bad feeling that will change) it's been very little about David. However, I don't think it's beyond angie to plant drugs for the "greater good"--that said I admit my main Angie exposure, besides some random episodes, is from Loving/The City and so I'm coming from that perspective--she did at least as bad things on The City in particular for the greater good.

Archived