AMC: Friday, July 30, 2010

• Members

Sorry--the crack comment was meant to be funny but wasn't. And yes I like my meth--allows me to keep up with you when posting here ;)

I really don't think that Jesse and Angie have been thrown under this proverbial bus for David. They HAVE had their story center around him--way more than it should IMHO, but... I don't believe they've ever been used to prop David in ANY way.

And for the record I would much rather have Jesse be a policeman in charge of a case I was involved with than John :P

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Because they haven't. Especially Jesse. He was Ryan's lapdog first, then became Zach's corrupt lapdog. Then became unforgivably reprehensible as a "chief" by covering up a murder of a public official long before he and David crossed paths.

And Angie? She brought this feud between her and David on herself. When I mentioned way back when how inappropriate she was to be giving David such ill attitude when she doesn't even know him, I was told how it was totally in character for Angie to hate David. Angie was friends with Tad and Krystal, and she knows about the grief David caused the both of them so that's why she was well within her place to give David attitude. Oops. Now that her stank ass behavior bit her on her own stank ass, she's all of a sudden being written out of character and thrown under a bus? rolleyes.gif

There is no logic. It's just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Hey, what can I say. Gotta take the bitter with the sweet.

• Members

That's it? That's your best defense? "Gotta take the bitter with the sweet"? No apologies, no deeper explanations, just..."gotta take the bitter with the street".

You know, even if you're right in saying David Hayward is no more or less reprehensible than any other character on this show, the fact that you've painted us all with the same brush as you've painted DeeeDee makes engaging in further conversation with you on ANY subject an unpleasant proposition. Perhaps, if it pains you so to debate with us ignorant jackasses about AMC, you should do us and yourself a favor and stay away.

• Members

They totally have.

Again all mainly which happened under Pratt who made NO secret of caring about characters acting IN character or their previous history.

But all too willingly used by desperate fans to constantly prop certain sociopathic characters like The Gut That Ate Pine Valley & give them "moral highground".

Just like Adam.

And Tad.

And Krystal.

And Amanda.

And Liza.

And Jake.

And Greenlee.

And Jackson.

And Ryan.

And Erica.

And Bianca.

And Opal.

And Frankie.

And Brot.

Oh please.

Angie was being moronically criticized LONG before that for DARING to be friends with Tad & Krystal for things THEY did when SHE WASN'T IN TOWN & it only got worse when Krystal & David were married.

And David was constantly baiting her from the moment they met yet he has to be painted like a saint cause god forbid Saint David ever be wrong per the show & especially certain fans.

Again the same with Todd.

Much like David being Greenlee's "partner" & husband TOTALLY justified his drugging Bianca, sabotaging Fusion & tampering with Erica's flight.

She & Jesse both are being written WAY OOC but since the horrible writing & agendas benefits your sociopathic character it must be defended.

You can't even deal with your pathology. *ruffles your hair*

• Members

True, that's been my position ever since David's been back, but that wasn't what I was talking about. I'm just saying Jesse and Angie aren't being thrown under any bus as some huge racist conspiracy to "prop" David to suit his desperate fans' agenda. If David is being "propped," I highly doubt the characters who are being dragged along by the bus they've been thrown under would be saying how evil David is and how he's to blame for every last thing wrong in Pine Valley. That kinda goes against the concept of "propping."

"Propping" is more along the lines of Natalia saying Jesse is the best chief of police Pine Valley's ever had.

• Members

I just think that Jesse shouldn't be a police chief at all. He, Tad and Aidan should form their own PI business together and solve mysteries themselves. Derek Frye and Anna Devane should be the new COP's in charge. At least Derek never broke the law. As for Anna, sometimes she did to protect David, correct me if im wrong.

• Members

Fine by me!

Oh, and R? If you cannot figure out that propping characters and/or throwing them under buses to suit this-or-that agenda is not the issue right now (at least, not the one that concerns me), then I don't know what to tell you.

Archived