OLTL: Discussion for the week July 26

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I was looking in SPW, one of their editors, Mala, talked about how she would put up with a million Fords (paraphrasing) if OLTL got ten more years on the air. A part of me feels the same way. With GL gone and ATWT going soon I told myself that those shows have really been gone for a long time anyway, but still, it's sad and still seems, for lack of a better word, unfair.

• Members

Of course not, it's Frons' hard on for "Bobby" that's getting this insta-family shoved down her throat. Ford was never supposed to come back, Frons saw a little fan reaction to the guy with the hot body and gave him a contract. As much as Carlivati sucks (I want this man fired really bad :) ) All of the soaps would just be better off if Frons was fired. When will his job be deemed unnecessary? NBC no longers has a daytime head, I dont see why AMC/OLTL/GH need one.

• Members

Frank Valentini: With all due respect, Brian, I think we need to cut our losses on David Gregory.

Brian Frons: Well, my wife loves him, so he stays.

FV: Well, I think you should re-consider.

BF: Well, I think you should consider a world without ONE LIFE TO LIVE.

FV: You'd actually fire me over one f**king actor?!

BF: You and the show! No more Ford, no more Frank and no more ONE LIFE. Them's the terms.

• Members

God help us.

A recurring stint I could have lived with, I'm still not quite over the shock that Ford has spawned two brothers, a mom, and an any-day-now dad. And if Victoria Lord Banks is his child's grandmother, well, somebody toss me the Wendy "I Can't" gif.

• Members

Yeah, I mean my "question" was more rhetorical, but I do wonder if there were numbers or dreaded focus groups that led to this, if us putting up with the Fords is in fact taking one for the team or whatever. Thing is, I don't see us getting "rewarded" down the line with some excellent s/l worthy of the show's rich history. Again, it just seems very ODD to me that a family grew out of this character. Were the Evanses that much of a bomb?? Well, I'm not 14 and my name isn't Khelsee so my tastes don't matter so much. But three generic sons and a predictable story we'd figured out from spoiler one, I mean, c'mon.

• Members

I think that it's a cross between:

- Holy sh!t, viewers think a lot of these stories suck!

- Look, it's blacks and gays, they're just...too much!

- We needs some hot studs and some hot bodies, and mysterious pregnancies, and terminal illnesses, random psychos, and if we focus on new characters, it's a fresh start!

Todd/Tea have a new story (for them), Danielle was yanked out of a story they had trashed a lot of the canvas for, Ford and his brothers get to be shoehorned in at the expense of existing characters (Cole, Markko, Matthew, Brody). Rex and Gigi have a story which took place for over a year quickly get wrapped up and they're put elsewhere.

It's just a lot of if we ab roll, they will come.

• Members

It's as if OLTL is catering only to the shirtless hunky teen boys who couldn't act their way out of a paper bag demographic. :lol:

But the funny part is that even a lot of the teens aren't even watching this crap, apparently. :P

• Members

:lol:

Destiny, Derwood, and David were my highlight of a week of episodes and I really don't know how I feel about that. -_- I did enjoy Todd and Tea's little scene, and some of the Natalie and Jessica pregancy stuff though I'm apprehensive about where that's going. Viki and Dorian deserve so much better, so much more, and I wish they would quit with this David and Dorian true love mess because I have NEVER bought that, they work better as a friendly yet adversarial scheming duo. And I won't lie, I enjoyed the denouement of the Ford brothers and mom but only because we had totally called it.

• Members

Exactly...not to mention the fact that Jessica Leccia (Inez) is only 34, yet David A. Gregory who plays her oldest son, is 24....and her other two 'teenage' sons look to be about that age or a little older as well. :P

Archived