DAYS: Fan fave returning?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wanna have her baby :) Lobster-love Melissa Reeves; lobster-love Jennifer Rose Horton; lobster-jealous that Melissa got to bump uglies with Jason Brooks back when he was still hot.

Welcome back Jennifer Rose! And thank God you're coming back without your baffoon husband! Is Mark Valley too busy in primetime to return to crummy ol' daytime? I'd much rather have him back!!

• Members

Mark seems to have a new primetime show every year or two, although only Boston Legal (where he had a thankless role) took off.

He was definitely a very beautiful man. Yet not TOO much, like the guy who replaced him, who had far more chemistry with his cellmate than he did with Stephanie Cameron.

• Members

Jennifer can be possessed by the devil for all I care as long as her sexless (I remember that term that Billie Reed used for him on the "Night Sins" 1993 primetime episode) husband doesn't return to support her.

And yes I agree that Jennifer > Carly / Vivian, because Jennifer Rose is still relevant. I mean hell, she only left in 2006!

Soaps are dying, they have been since 1999, let's have Jennifer become possessed by Satan, be locked in an underground Parisian and Louisianan dungeon, have an evil princess twin, be a computer-chip-controlled serial killer, have a long-lost husband from 30 years ago that looks like the first Jack Deveraux (Joseph Williams... yes, I just Wikipedia'd this)....

... and when all else fails, Jennifer will discover some lezzy tendencies about herself so that Crystal Chappell will have another female co-star to play dyke-a-dee-doo-da with.

Welcome back, Jennifer Rose!!!

• Members

Dear God, that man was beyond awful... still remember that scene where Bo delivered the news that Jennifer had "died" (and by died, I mean she and that Brian Bloom lookalike from the circus planted a science lab skeleton in a car ran off the road, and the damn Salem cops actually thought that was Jennifer's corpse!).... anyhow, that Ken-doll Jack (Steve Wilder) looked like he was trying to hold in a huge fart instead of grieving over his beloved ex-wife.

• Administrator

I know Tomlin, Whitesell, Higley all share blame, but I like to single out Dena when it's bad. LOL ;) It's just really easy to kick Dena right now because the show, and ratings, aren't that good. Plus, Tomlin's my SuBe/Passions boy, so I pick and choose when to be negative about him. :)

• Administrator

ITA. Tomlin/Reilly would've been awesome. :( I don't believe it's a coincidence that when Reilly started consulting at Sunset Beach it started to improve a lot. I also wish Tomlin EP'd Reilly's return to DAYS in 2003 because Stephen Wyman hated Reilly so they didn't work well together.

• Members
Sunset Beach's improvement around that time, I believe, will always have to do with Meg Bennett actually working on fleshing out these cardboard characters her husband created. There was, for once, cohesive, linear storytelling. It's no coincidence to me that the wheels fell off the bus when she left and Margaret DePriest replaced her. And YES, Reilly was still credited as a consultant for Sunset Beach.

Reilly was an "ideas" man at Sunset Beach and nothing else(Scream Ripoff! Poseidon Adventure! Spermination Via Turkey Baster!), and who knows how many of those ideas were his and how many of them were Gary Tomlin's. He was not Head-Writer, he was a story consultant. I hate it when people attribute the height of Sunset Beach to him. As much as I respect his DAYS 1.0, there was a collaborative effort from EVERYONE BTS on that show when Guza left. It's irritating when Tomlin/Whitesell and especially Bennett don't get the respect they are due for what happened on that show during that period.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Agreed.

Alice = wholesome Horton goodness = Jennifer Rose. She's the next generation Alice (or the last generation I should say)

But we *did* get a binturan! (I still don't know what the hell that is)

P.S. Back in 2003, they explained that Laura was with Bill in Africa. Did they mention either of their living situations this past June?

Archived