DAYS: Fan fave returning?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oooookay, now it's all coming back to me, the part with her cheating on him. That all makes sense.

But yes, I particularly had her mid-90s DAYS departure in mind when I asked. The only person who creeps me out more than Scott Reeves is Billy Warlock, after reading that ominous quote from Marcy Walker. Maybe Scott was the "other male soap star" Marcy allegedly caught Billy in bed with.

• Members

I figured this would happen, Missy quit to support Scott's band, and he's on GH now. I hope she's putting her foot down. There's only so much leverage a person can use on a cheating spouse before it becomes mental terrorism. Get over it, or break up. Don't make the person feel like they have to continuously make it up to you. Besides... I don't see why Melissa had to leave her wildly popular role just because Ryan McNeil got shot and Scotty wanted to play cowboy. Look what became of that. If this is a guy who's big on ultimatums he's probably not impressed when his wife does better than he does... and when you consider Jennifer Horton vs. 3 appearances a month on The Maurice Benard Show, that's exactly what would happen if Missy goes back to Days.

• Members

what story would you like to see for Jennifer? I dont know if i could go thru another Jack and her break up and back together...what i would do is have Jennifer be put in charge of The Horton Foundation and Horton Center that Alice left for her, she moves into Alice's house set. Jennifer tries to help Carly and Hope...Lawrence returns and trys to make Carly and Jennifer go crazy. Lawrence teams up with Peter Blake Dimera (who is a new actor) and one of stephanos only sons who listened to him

• Members

...And therein lies the dilemma, folks. Missy might return, but will Matt Ashford? If not, will DAYS fans accept another Jack/Jennifer breakup? Maybe not. Nor would they want to know that Jack has died since that story's been done before, too. Yet, if they say Jack came back with Jennifer, but we don't see him on-screen, it's gonna be weird to those who wonder why they always talk about Jack, but they never actually see him interact with anyone.

• Members

I wonder if there's a way to do it where Jennifer comes to Salem for her own personal/professional reasons and Jack has to stay in London/wherever, and Jen acknowledges, "I don't want my marriage to be like this forever, but for the time being, it's right for us." I dunno. If they could get Matt Ashford to do a guest spot to usher her back in or something, it might work. Especially if they cast an Abby and play the issue of Jen being committed to Jack but trying to make a long-distance marriage work.

• Members

I don´t see any reason why Matt would not return. He is not stupid, knows DAYS will not be there forever and that is the only soap where he still has any chance for a longterm employment. It´s probably why Scott allows Missy to return as well. She might could get work elsewhere, but will never be considered the star she is on DAYS and her paycheck will reflect it. It´s good to milk that cow till still exist.

As for Jack, Missy herself wrote on FB she talked with Matt about a possible return. So I doubt Corday is not trying to get him as well. Knowing his usual MO, he will want to promote big supercouple return for fall, that´s where the chance to bring some lapsed viewers back is. Otherwise, it will be very much like the 2000 return. Langan did everything in his power to not having bring Jack back, finally he caved in and agreed with a limited return, so everybody can see how big !@#$%^&*] Jack is and understand why Jennifer ran from him, and eventually was forced to write him back permanently, so he atleast invested rest of his writing period into making him as much stupid and bafooon as possible.

Personally, I´m really excited with a chance to see what the show will do with them when Langan nor JER are no longer with the show. I know Higley wrote that terrible talk show for them and butchered their second wedding, but she also gave them some most in character moments when they researched together the Palson Cramer case. So we will see.

Archived