Wendy Riche Interview

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is a conflict in this interview with an interview Genie Francis gave. She said she was on AMC (or maybe it was Loving by this point) and GH and TG were floundering with the Bill Eckert character, and she was basically fired from the soap she wanted to stay on to sort of push her into returning to GH. That's a little different than what WR says about how Luke and Laura returned.

• Members

Yeah, she'd taken Ceara to Loving at this point, where she was happy. This one's for the "What If" thread, but when she joined AMC there were rumors that they were ushering her in as the "new" Erica because there were, again, rumors that Susan Lucci would be leaving the show for primetime.

• Members

Yeah, supposedly Genie loved working at AMC, and she and Jean LeClerc were a pretty popular couple. ABC wanted her back at GH.

As far as the PC telenovela format, I thought Felicia Behr took credit for that idea. Any inside skinny to Behr's relationship with Riche? A little vague about timelines, but Behr had to have been a daytime programming exec for at least a couple of years while Riche was GH EP. I know she called JFP's OLTL unwatchable at the same time Riche was at GH.

• Members

Behr may take credit for the "Books," but PC had been experimenting with telenovela/primetime story arcs since Karen Harris and Jonathan Estrin were hired to be co-headwriters. Every so often, there was a new central story. First, it was Nurses Strike. Second was Lucy Coe vs. Rachel Locke for the Hospital Board Seat. Third was the custody case between Lucy and Julie, etc.

And since I can't stress it enough: Felicia Behr = :rolleyes:

• Members

It's more than just kissing I'm afraid. If you indexed the interview, entries would be:

Carruthers, Julie Hanan's ass:

Wendy Riche's kissing of...

Wendy Riche's crawling up into...

Guza, Robert Jr.

Wendy Riche's undeserved praise of...

etc.

Archived