AMC: Thursday, July 15, 2010

• Members

If AMC is going to continue to deal with commuting cast members and long breaks, IMO they need to come up with better planned exits. This instant honeymoon doesn't work for me especially with the fact that Erica's grandkids Bianca's daughters just got to town.

OLTL dumps its unwanted characters in London. AMC needs something similar. Adam, Brooke, Petey, Kendall, Zach and now Erica and Jack are all "traveling" around somewhere. At least say they're visiting somebody. Reese is in Paris, Jamie is in the Congo (right?) and Laura is in China. All lovely places to visit. Okay not the Congo but you know what I mean.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To be fair this isn't about a commute, is it? It's just Susan Lucci's extended holiday (granted, I think she was given an extended one as part of the perks of her staying on the show). It WOULD make perfect sense to me actually EXCEPT, yes, Bianca JUST showed up.

Jamie's somewhere in Africa--I don't think the Congo just cuz that's not one of the top places for AIDS workers, etc, but yeah he's there, somewhere, with Jeff.

• Members

yes I beleive she did get this bc of the move to CA. I dont think its odd though bc Erica did just survive a plane crash. Now that she's got things settled at Fusion and her embezzlement charegs dropped, its the perfect time for ehr to take a vacation. She deserves one

• Members

As long as there's another man waiting in the other direction. :P Knowing Erica, she knows good and well that it's like a knife in the heart for Caleb seeing her run off with Jack and she gets off on that kind of thing. Caleb will be thinking about her and Jack having sex the whole time she is gone. She has him right where she wants him.

It was half the writing and half SL's performance, but some of those scenes where Erica was gently prodding him to open up sounded like dinner theatre.

• Members

Part of the problem for me is that I'm not buying CalErica (Ericaleb? CooneyKane? KaneCoon? sounds like Cancun). Especially when KWAK is hooching up on both Caleb and Jack. That aside, Nouri has done very good with less than strong material. I think he and Caleb are a good addition to the canvas but watching Erica chase after him - but not really - while spouting talk of fate and demanding he acknowledge her is so BTDT that I can't stand it. We've seen this before and before and before.

I'd have preferred they had Erica go visit Nina and Cliff to discuss Palmer's will then go from there.

• Members

The only reason I think its believable is because erica keeps having people up in her face like brooke, kwak, binks, and opal telling her not to hurt jack constantly. I think the main reason she left is to keep away from caleb because she has feelings for him and she didn't want to hurt jack for the millionth time. I'm hoping this trip will give erica the opportunity to settle her feelings for jack once and for all and maybe then she can have a real go with caleb if thats what she really wants, this would be the mature thing to do but this is erica. :lol: Knowing erica she will dream of caleb everyday, confess her love to jack everyday, come home thinking caleb is gone giving her an easy way out and will have intentions still to marry jack.

Archived