OLTL: Could Jean P. be an improvement over Ron C.?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess a lot also depends on the producer, and who runs the network. I'm very biased about Sheffer, but if OLTL had a strong producer and if Frons weren't running ABC Daytime then he could work, as McTavish, not exactly seen as a good writer in recent years, worked at AMC up to about 1994 or early 1995. Unfortunately there is no real control or intelligent producing on soaps today.

• Members

1. As long as JP doesn't write another high school musical, I welcome her with open arms.

2. I think if they work as co-head writers, it might strike a nice balance.

3. There are bigger problems with the show than just the writing. For example, I know people complain that he doesn't write for certain characters (Marty) or writes poorly for others (Dorian/David). I think the actors have a lot to do with it. I know with Susan Haskell, they've worked out a schedule where she only films one day a week. Tuc Watkins will be leaving as soon as Desperate Houswives begins filming. It's really hard when actors work part-time, they come and go, have month-long summer vacations, etc. All of that, plus the fact that their budget keeps getting cut, I understand why OLTL is over-run with teens and new actors who will work for less. I'm not saying I like it but I get it.

• Members

Even though I'm a supporter of Ron and think that Frons shares just as much of the blame, Ron probably needs to go.

Not sure if Ron just ran out of ideas or iwasn't there a rumor that since Kishkill, Ron's been HW in just name only, and that Frons has been dictating all the stories? Either way, someone new is probably needed.

I wouldn't choose Jean P though. She'd be worse than Ron IMO. Not sure who I'd get to replace Ron, with a mircomanager like Frons, I doubt anyone good would want the job.

Archived