All -- legendary characters of the past

• Members

What characters (all soaps) would you say were legends on their soaps? Characters that are NOT on their shows anymore, but are still in loving memory of fans?

As I am watching B&B from the beginning this summer, I have to say Caroline Spencer. I just love her. She died on the show in 1990 but she´s still a loved memory. What a sweetheart she was. An angel but not in a boring way at all. Such a difficult line not to cross when you play a real sweet angelic character.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Caroline was my favorite character during the pre-Sheila years of B&B. Ridge and Caroline were B&B's original supercouple, even though Bill Bell wasn`t big on that trend on his shows. It was pretty obvious that Bill Bell based Caroline on Y&R's early heroine Chris Brooks. Joanna Johnson was so natural and real in the role, and I'm glad that she found success in her post-B&B career as a writer and director.

• Members

AMC Dimitri, Natalie, Trevor

GH Lila, Alan, Robert, Frisco, Felicia, Anna, Tiffany, Sean, Scott, Tony

OLTL Asa

Y&R Rex, Mamie, Dina, Lance, Danny, Mary, John, Stuart, Liz, Douglas, Cole

B&B Macy

ATWT Ellen, Jessica, Duncan, Hal, John

• Members

Days - Steve & Kayla of the late 80s were magical.

OLTL - though this character is still on the show I have to include him because of his previous longstanding portrayer and because (with utmost respect for Jerry verDorn) his character is so different these days as to basically be a different character:

Clint Buchanan--As portrayed by Clint Ritchie for so long, not only were the two seemingly interchangeable most of the time--and how could they not be, seeing as how so much of early CB was built around CR--but Clint was also the first Buchanan on the show, around whom the rest were introduced or spawned. He and Viki were also a very popular couple for years (in middle age, no less!). In fact, I think I would name both Clint Ritchie and his Clint Buchanan as most missed for me on soaps.

Clint-Ritchie.jpg

• Members

Another World: Stephen Frame and Alice Matthews

Dark Shadows: Angelique

As The World Turns: Steve and Betsy

Guiding Light: Roger Thorpe

Young and the Restless: Cricket

Edge of Night: Adam Drake

Days Of Our Lives: Julie

Archived