GH: July Discussion Thread

• Members

I think a lot of the writing for Maxie is very disturbing. I really wish they would just cut out any romance stuff for her, and write her as a bit of a schemer and pot-stirrer and comedy figure who loves her family and friends.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hi, glad to see this forum is running. Seems like there is an ongoing problem here with the server or something.

Maxie was weird today. I was not even aware she really knew Michael, let alone knew him well enough to confide in him about her sex life. Anyway, Chad Duell has really won me over. I think he has imbued Michael with this quiet masculinity and now he is this mature, responsible man who is sensitive but is capable of physical action when called upon. He really stepped up with Bauer the other day. Plus, he looks better with the blonde dye job I think.

Claire wanting a child by Sonny was the final nail for me. She can die. I wish someone would call her Hannah Reese. She's pathetic.

Suddenly I am really digging Lisa. Robin and Patrick have been the worst thing about GH for years, but she has really brought them to life and for the first time they have a story. It just goes to prove, once again, a story is only as good as the villain in it. Oh that's right, Patrick and Robin have been villainless forever.

• Members

I cant beleieve they are ruining Claire like this. Seriously? How unethical of her. Has she not heard of a fertility clinic? The one good thign I can say is at least she is intentionally trying tto get pregnant unlike the irresponsible women that sleep with Sonny with no birth control or protection and then act surprised when their period doesnt show

• Members

crying%20child.jpg

How could they do this to her?!

HOW?!

It doesn't even make sense that Claire would want Sonny as her sperm donor. She KNOWS Sonny will never leave the mob, she KNOWS he's attached to every single one of his children and their lives, and she KNOWS he's always interfering with them.

I would rather have had Franco kill her off than to see what is coming up ahead for her.

I wonder if other Claire fans just died inside when she announced, "I want a baby" to fertile Sonny. Can anyone say "Clink-Boom 2.0?" Anyday now, it will be revealed that Claire comes from a mob family and her brother, played by Joseph Barbara, will return to protect his sister's honor. :(

• Members

As a Claire fan, the ONLY thing that has me holding on is the outside hope this is a form of manipulation on Claire's part. There have been too many anvils suggesting she's just like all the other lawyers/legal folks - save Diane - who have wanted to take Sonny down. I'm hoping this is all a game to lower Sonny's defences. I'm hoping.....

So far the only person she's been totally honest with has been Lucky (love my LuClaire) so I'm waiting patiently for their next seen when she voices her thought process.

• Members

Thursday and Friday were great episodes, and Sonny wasn't on either one. Two consecutive episodes without Sonny? The sky must be falling?

Tuesday's episode had neither Jason nor Dante. That is rare.

By saving Mac, Matt has earned the love of Maxie and earned a place on the show.

By having Lisa mess with them, Scrubs is now a lot more interesting.

• Members

I barfed when she said that, but I did die inside when she queefed: "You'd be good father material if it wasn't for all the, you know, mob stuff." Yeah, apart from that! You are a Good Man, Sonny.

Yesterday's episode was all-around misogynistic. The only chick with any balls yesterday was Lisa.

First of all, none of the dialogue had any naturalness. It was all over-written psychobabble that reduced the characters to proclamations. Maxie's yapping was especially vomit-worthy.

Maxie: I slept with Matt Hunter. To thank him for saving Mac's life. I mean, it wasn't exactly that cut and dry like, "oh, hey, Mac's gonna live. Where's the closest flat surface?" But close. And now, I'm not saying I regret it. I won't give you any inappropriate details, but nobody was disappointed. It's just, do you think it's ok to sleep with someone out of gratitude? Matt's turned out to be so unexpectedly wonderful, but I didn't exactly think this through. And again, it's impulse sex. I'm just really tired of making terrible decisions.

Michael: Look, Maxie, this is what I think. I don't think you lied to anybody and I don't think you cheated on anybody. You wanted to thank Matt, right? And maybe just stop thinking and feel. There's nothing wrong with that.

Sex as a "thank you." Must try that sometime. :blink:

Then we had THIS gem from Alexis:

Alexis: [sonny] hasn't been a walk in the park. But quite frankly, neither have I. I mean, the havoc that I wreaked was more subtle and may have taken longer to blow up in everybody's face.

Claire: What do you mean?

Alexis: Well, I went to absurd lengths to keep him way from Kristina because I thought that she would be exposed to too much violence, and as it turns out, her exposure to violence was because of me.

Claire: Well, you couldn't have predicted Warren Bauer would snap like that.

Alexis: No, but I might have noticed that his son was beating the crap out of my daughter. See, that went right over my head. So I'm not one to throw stones at him.

And then the final indignity:

Sonny (to Claire): You'll be back. You want me. You know you do.

Ladies and gentlemen, your hero!

• Members

That may be the way Robin is being written, but at least in the initial stages of Robin's return from Africa, Kimberly McCullough was playing it like, "Uh...somethin' ain't right here." I appreciated that because I never quite bought Robin being ignorant about this homewrecker zeroing in on her marriage.

And again, I am loving Brianna Brown/Lisa. Bitch is coming off the hinges.

Archived