GH: July Discussion Thread

• Members

That's true, but even then, characters like Jason haven't had an actual storyline in years. People just plod along and plod along, aside from some moments here and there, like the "Sins of the Father" story.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, but at least GH had women on, every day, in lead roles.

Tamara was the last time GH wrote a female as a lead, and even that was rather weak.

I have not found GH to really have a story in a long time. It has moments, and stunts, but no stories. But that might be because i dont find anything on gh has any real fallout or impact.

• Members

GH keeps half assing their stories. They introduce a plot and then put it in the background

Alexis hit and run court case and the Bauers going after her

Alexis' romance with Mac

Liz's baby's switched paternity and triangle with Nik and Lucky

Carly's scheme to have Brooke seduce Dante

Skye's money troubles

Maxie and Spinelli's nonmarriage and her flirtation with Matt

Maya's existence and possible romance with Ethan

Tracy and Luke's non-marital status

These are ALOT of plots and stories but I dont think GH is invested in any of them. They dont seem to get much focus and pop up from time to time, while at the same time it seems they are taking the characters in different directions. Take the Bauer situation. I thought it was resolved weeks ago and then all of a sudden the guy comes back psychotic and for revenge. Are Alexis and Mac even still together? I dont even know why Carly's revenge scheme continues to exist when Michael is out of jail and Brook clearly is moving on with Johnny. With the exception of Scrubs/Lisa which is finally picking up steam and the recent stuff with Franco, everything has felt like filler and Im sure will continue to feel that way as Brenda arrives.

• Members

She was an insult to women, or at least I would hope women were insulted by her. When she took over the role of Carly, the character became this pathetic browbeaten nothing who was routinely belittled, lectured and yelled at by Sonny and Jason, and frequently sent to her room--literally--so the men could talk.

• Members

Matt and Maxie having sex gives new meaning to the word "anti-climactic." She took him into a closet, f***ed him and then left the closet to return to her father's bedside. Not exactly romantic.

And this was considered a possible future romantic duo. Not to mention that it was the first sex scene by characters portrayed by Jason Cook and Kirsten Storms after 11 years on the air together. Not that there actually was a love scene.

Steve

• Members

I didnt say she was this amazing rep of females across the world. lol. But when she took come over? Lets get real now, VCarly was ALWAYS an insult to women.

I mean, this is GH.... no woman is a woman not be insulted by.

However, Carly was at her best with Lorenzo. To bad Mo flipped and ended it and got TK fired (leading to Tams quiting, thankfully).

Archived