GH: July Discussion Thread

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think you are confused on the timeline. Ted King stuck around very long time after TB left . Ted King went on to play Lorenzo opposite Jennifer Bransford and played opposite Robin Christopher I think it was til summer of 07? Maybe 08? Not sure when he left.

I never cared for Ted King and always felt he was the least talented actor in GH history. Richard Simmons put more into his lines that this guy did. As for Carly and Lorenzo, I think the fact their most popular story was an extended dream sequence where they played two other characters sort of says all that needs to be said about whether this couple really needed to exist.

• Members

NEXT WEEK ON THE VIEW (8/2-6)

Print This Document

note: To use this function, upgrade your browser: Quick Download

"THE VIEW: SEASON 13" COMES TO A CLOSE AS THE HOSTS WELCOME

JAKE PAVELKA, SNOOP DOGG, LORRAINE BRACCO, VANESSA MARCIL GIOVINAZZO, CHRIS HARDWICK AND THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF DC, AUGUST 2-6

Bryant Gumbel to Moderate and Mario Cantone to Co-Host, Live, Aug. 2

Video Retrospective Looks Back at the Best Moments of "The View: Season 13," Live, Aug. 5

Season 13 of ABC's Emmy® Award-winning talk and entertainment program, "The View" (11:00 a.m.-12:00 noon, ET), comes to a close next week as hosts Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Sherri Shepherd welcome guests Jake Pavelka (ABC's "The Bachelor"), Snoop Dogg, his wife Shante Brodues and their daughter Cori, Lorraine Bracco ("Rizzoli & Isles"), Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo (ABC's "General Hospital"), Chris Hardwick (host, "Web Soup") and The Real Housewives of DC to the show. Bryant Gumbel returns to moderate "The View" live, MONDAY, AUGUST 2, and is joined by guest co-host Mario Cantone ("Sex and the City").

A spectacular video retrospective looking back at all the best moments of "The View: Season 13" airs live, THURSDAY, AUGUST 5.

"The View: Special Edition" internet theme show airs live, TUESDAY, AUGUST 3 and features David Perel (radaronline.com); The Real EStalker Mark David; Geri & Colby Brin (datemysinglekid.com) and funny websites with Chris Hardwick (host, G4's "Web Soup").

Scheduled guests for the week of Aug. 2-6 are as follows (subject to change):

MONDAY, AUG. 2 - Day of "Hot Topics"; celebrity guest moderator Bryant Gumbel; celebrity guest co-host Mario Cantone.

TUESDAY, AUG. 3 - "The View: Special Edition" internet theme show featuring David Perel (radaronline.com); The Real EStalker Mark David; Geri & Colby Brin (datemysinglekid.com) and funny websites with Chris Hardwick (host, G4's "Web Soup")

WEDNESDAY, AUG. 4 - Jake Pavelka (ABC's "The Bachelor"); Stacie Scott Turner, Michaele Salahi, Catherine Ommanney, Lynda Erkiletian and Mary Schmidt Amons ("The Real Housewives of DC").

THURSDAY, AUG. 5 - Lorraine Bracco ("Rizzoli & Isles"); Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo (ABC's "General Hospital"); the best moments of 'The View: Season 13"

FRIDAY, AUG. 6 - Snoop Dogg, his wife Shante Broadus and their daughter Cori Broadus; celebrity stylists' summer hair secrets; Justin Willman (Food Network's "Cupcake Wars").

• Members

scarletto.gif

Oh NO you DIDN'T!

1oau51.gif

Time to throw down. ;) I *LOVED* CarLo. But I get that not everybody did. Ted King comes from the Mumbling School of Method Acting which Mo attended. But the chemistry between TB and TK transcended all that, for me.

I *HEARTILY* agree with your previous post about Carly being an insult to women. However, I would argue that this began way before Tamara Braun showed up as the recast -- almost at the beginning of Sarah Brown's tenure, in fact. SB's Carly may have been "Carlybabes" and gotten the Carlyfans all fist-pumping the air, but the fact is, her behavior was akin to cutting up her own arm for fun -- horribly self-destructive. Even her no-strings sex with Jason was about wanting Jason to love her like he did Robin -- she spent what seemed like YEARS holed up in that room above Kelly's waiting for him to come visit her for random bootycalls. When those dried up, she used MYYYYKULL to keep him tied to her. The anger sex between Sonny and Carly which got everybody swooning was hardly a self-affirming act, especially as Sonny spent the next two years using it against her and calling her a whore. Which she took on the chin because she and Sonny were "so alike" and "soulmates."

And finally there is the fact that Carly always bragged about hating other women and being unable to make friends with other women because women, of course, are bitchy. Ugh. The more I type, the more I despise this character! :lol:

• Members

I still remember how Carly and Jason rarely interacted after Jason dumped her, and were, at best, somewhat friendly (they crossed paths during that stupid Dorman murder story), then as soon as Guza returned to put his bootheel on the show's windpipe, Carly immediately began obsessing over Jason again.

• Members

I don't know what to wish for most. Spoilers indicated that Franco would survive, I was just hoping the ratings would convince TPTB that Franco had to die to give the audience satisfaction. Why not have Jason and Franco BOTH go to prison. Wishing for that means that instead of ineptly ripping off "The Sopranos" TIIC would ineptly rip off "Oz". Wishing for the end of Franco and/or Jason probably just a waste of energy - though it would be a welcome surprise.

• Members

To me it didn't seem like they were right next to each other. Franco seemed way ahead of Jason when they were chasing each other. I am convinced, that Franco switched with someone else after he went through the door that led to the rooftop. There was enough time between then, and when Jason finally got there, to make the switch I think...it seemed it was his whole plan to go up to the roof anyway, so I think someone was waiting up there already. And when Kalup Linzey just turned around and looked at Franco with NO shock on his face, it made me think he was in on it to.

Archived