GH: July Discussion Thread

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pukes, I can just picture him using Claire as an incubator and killing her off so that Sonny and Brenda can raise her baby. Heck, I wouldnt put it past him to rip the Dominique/Lucy story with Claire getting sick and letting her fetus be implanted in Brenda before dying off

• Members

That's why I think this is Claire playing Sonny and not a serious request. It's a game to her 'cause she knows no way in hell is Sonny going to father a child and have nothing to do with it.

Today I had the distinct impression I was watching a Black-widow Spider at work, not a woman besotted.

• Members

pretty much. People like to say on GH the mothers are meaningless, but it really is the father who is 2nd class on this show. Every single father on this show only has paternal rights for as long as the mother whims. Alexis decided Sonny had no right to know he was going to be a father, Olivia decided the same thing, Carly decided twice in recent years rescinded Sonny's paternal rights even going so far as to have another man adopt his kid agains his will and while he was still alive. Robin thought so little of the status of father she turned her pregnancy into some sort of sad game show looking for candidates to pump her full of sperm but they should never know their child. Liz was perhaps the most fickle of all--she got pregnant by Jason but decided he wasn't good enough to be a father so she passed the child off as Lucky's. Then when Lucky loved the child she wanted to rip him away from Lucky and hand him back to Jason. Then Jason told her no thanks, so now he is cut off again and she allows Lucky to pretend he is the father until the next story.

And nobody on the show--not even any of the men--ask what is wrong with this picture.

• Members

They go even further than that - Sonny at one point throws up his hands and said "what can I do, she's the mother" about Carly.

I do think it's a little more nuanced, however. Liz aside, since she's always on the look out for the picture perfect family rather than the best interests of her children, there is an understated line here that the women have serious second/third/fourth/millionth thoughts about who they slept with to create this child in the first place. When all the fathers are predators in their own right, isn't it the mother's call to protect? No one is questioning Mac as a father, or Lucky with Cam, or even Edward for that matter (and I think his parenting style was the most abusive of the lot).

As for Robin, she did what I've known many professional women - who want the baby but not the husband - do on a daily basis. She first asked someone she knew and when that didn't happen she then started looking to a sperm bank. Keeping Emma's paternity from Patrick was a stupid move, but I'd put Robin in a different category than Lex, Carly, Liv, etc.

And taking this all back to Claire, where it originated, she wants the whole package and at her most honest said that to Lucky. I'm still convinced she's trying to play a game here and really doesn't want what she's telling Sonny she wants. She's too different with Lucky for this to be the real deal.

• Members

The new house Franco's mom lives in now looks exactly like Carly's old place, but a little more drab looking. GH is so using that old Carly house set, lol.

All of the Claire scenes were embarrassing, IMO. GH is turning this woman into a dumb bimbo and i can't stand it! WTH was she talking about, wanting to be in the same situation as Olivia, having a baby that was Sonny's that had no connection to him. Um, if you want a baby with no connection to Sonny then why are you trying to convince Sonny to have a baby with you??? I don't get it!! I am so disappointed in how GH is handling Claire. Pathetic. And even if she is playing Sonny, I don't care because it's still completely dumb. This character could be doing so much more than this.

OH, and was it just me or did it seem like Jason had a haircut at the end of today's episode? It was way longer earlier, and then by the end it looked shorter to me.

• Members

It just cracks me up that even when her brother is shot and her baby nephew has been taken, Lulu does not give a sh!t. At least this is honest writing, as Lulu has said before that her boyfriend will come before her family if she has to choose. Nothing epitomizes the death of the Spencer family like this bimbo.

Archived