Agnes Nixon lists her Top 8 all-time favorite AMC characters

• Members

I'm not sure you can compare Karen Wolek to Luke & Laura or Erica Kane. L&L and Erica transcended the soap genre and are still well-known to non-soap viewers. Judith Light is an incredible actress, and Karen's moment on the witness stand is definitely one of OLTL's as well as daytime's most iconic moments, but I'm not sure the average person on the street would remember the character. You could probably make a better argument comparing Viki to L&L or Erica. That would be a more apt comparison IMO.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm curious if she likes the Greenlee that the character has become, cause she's sure not the same Greenlee AN created, she's got some shades of that, but nothing remotely like that character.

Tad's unrecognizable too these days, other than those I agree

• Members

OLTL isn't known by many. If you ask someone which soapo Agnes is going to be associated with, its always going to be AMC. AMC has been more sucessful throughout the years and Agnes "wrote the bible for AMC first" before OLTL.

• Members

Well said. The only Loving we got was a brief clip of Luke Perry--we did see the City logo though (which I don't think Agnes had much involvement in at all--in the TV archive piece she seems confused when even asked about the show...)

But the gripes of some that Agnes has abandoned One Life are *laughable*. She trained Gordon Russell (who arguably wrote the show better than she did) for a year before leaving it with him, as shown in All Her Children, AMC was her first real creation as SFK says, and unlike the Bells (and I think this is unfortunate) shbe didn't feel she could control the production AND artistic side of her shows, so was eager to sell them to networks after the 5 year rule (which never happened with Loving) Besides which, why would she talk about Vicki in a piece about the top AMC characters?

Archived