You & Facebook

Sylph

• Administrator

I agree that the comments in the article is absurd. I think those people are upset because their "little secret" turned into a huge thing.

Facebook is such a great tool to keep in touch with people. And I'm looking forward to the movie - I'm interested in seeing how it all began.

Even if Facebook dies, social networking is here to stay. You'll never get rid of social networking, Sylph. :P

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am sure stuff like Sylph is talking about is out there and if it is that is part of it. Socially we are all very different and do different things. So why should a social network not represent that.

I don't have any problem with that as much as I do businesses taking over using it more. And politicians. I bet in the last month most of the Requests I get are from political pages or businesses. But I'm not going to suddenly campaign that they should not be allowed to use it....I just don't accept them or join their pages.

Facebook has been a good thing for me. I'm not a big e-mailer or letter writer or even to make phone calls. Some of the friends and family that live far off, I keep more in touch with now that I have Facebook than I have in a long time. And it is so much easier.

With everything there is bad and there is good. I just get tired of the bad with anything ruining the good and causing us to lose things.

• Members

Correct! That's why I said: it's a vicious circle. :) Something else will replace it. Probably more restrictive and "improved" in some ways.

By the way, Sorkin's script leaked so try to find it. If not, let me know. ;)

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Archived