AMC: Thursday, June 24, 2010

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Look, it's B-E-L-I-E-V-E

Sorry, it's not personal, but seriously! As a wordsmith, I can not STAND seeing people using words repeatedly, yet continuing to spell them incorrectly!

Noooooooo, you're wrong. This is the best AMC has been in ages! Obvious writing. Zero plot/story arc. Two dimensional characters! Blatant disregard for character history! YAY! This is what a struggling soap needs!!!! :D :D :D

I say that in total sarcasm, thinking this current regime is the dumbest regime to hit this show. I fault Lorraine Broderick for her selfishness. Yes, she screwed up Brooke's return and TOTALLY didn't get the Annie character, but at least she was true to AMC's format. But she doesn't want to deal with network interference, or so the rumor goes, so she'll gladly hand the show over to two idiots who have ZERO history with the show and are TOTAL network whores.

If Bianca is throwing David's betrayal in his face regarding the baby switch, then there should be NO FUCKIN REASON Krystal's all smiling and cooing at Erica's bedside... since Krystal was the one who USED David to keep the lie about Miranda going. She pulled out the "Hey! You're Babe's father, so don't betray your own flesh and blood for Bianca!" card.

• Members

Bianca treated David better than anyone else in Pv , even after the babyswitch and what does David do ? He steals from the Miranda Center and pins it on Erica.

He's the one who chose to reopen the babyswitch wound. He's also the only one to never say he was sorry.

The he reopens the rape wound by drugging Bianca and dragging her off to his room.

David was 1million times closer to Bianca than KWAk&Babe so that why it hurts so bad.

He's a PIG!

• Members

ICAM!

Madison and Ryan have zero chemistry. Her character is just being destroyed in each scene she shares with that Loser. I'm even starting to like her less and never thought I'd say that.

• Members

I like the Madison/Ryan story so far. Madison offering to take the blame and Ryan and Erica saying no way, while Greenlee is willing to let her take the fall was very soapy. Ryan is so damn likable that it is scary. It can't last for much longer.

David has become so slimy. Are they setting up a "Who shot David" story?

Ah, I remember the days when Jack was dangerous. He is a pussycat now.

I really liked Erica's dress. Erica calling Reese, Bianca's wife was sweet.

• Members

I thought this was a pretty good episode, actually. I am really loving the drama surrounding Fusion, and Erica/Bianca/Greenlee "teaming" up. Madison and Ryan kissing at the end was unexpected, I don't know what to think about it, but I still just can't see Ryan with anyone else (and I hate him with Greenlee), so I'm giving these two a chance, they aren't all that bad to me ;-). I do hate how it's clear that Greenlee is jealous of them, oh great... dry.gif

Colby talking to Liza about love, and Liza actually teaching her something about it despite how much she hates Damon..I really liked that, and loved Colby and Damon's later talk about it. Glad Damon admitted that he was shy a little bit to say he loved her, and that he doesn't want to mess things up, like he did with Bailey. That is understandable. Lol but he is still kind of pursuing Liza....LOL

Also like this even matters or has any significance, but I noticed during the credits, Steven Willifords name under the Directors title was in lower cased letters, instead of all upper cased like the credits usually all are. It was the only credit like that. It just stood out to me, lol. Maybe it was a little mistake.

You even got rid of your Madison banner! ohmy.gif Wow I just don't see how they are that bad together?? blush.gif AMC seems to have given up on Madison/Frankie, I know you like them, I do to, but that seems to be going nowhere...:\

• Members

Yup, that sums it up. David was close to both Bianca and Erica before the babyswitch so it makes sense for them to hold more of a grudge against them than Krystal. Add in the fact that he never apologized and she did, and it isn't a violation of history for Krystal to be at Erica's bedside, especially after they bonded in Africa last year.

I thought it was a great episode. I loved all the Fusion stuff, especially Erica forcing Greenlee to choose between her company and her husband.

Colby & Liza had the type of old-school soap talk about men that this genre was founded on. More please!

Jack & Erica had a fantastic flirtation at the end.

Ryan & Madison have been working for me all along and I loved the kiss; it's official now that he's moving on from Greenlee.

I noticed the director's name looked different, too. At first, I thought it was a font change.

• Members

Liza and Colby's talk was very good. Liza was a good mother and gave Colby good advice though she didn't want to see hear it. Was Damon checking out the pics of Liza on his phone when he was talking to Colby? LOL! I hope that TPTB don't force that relationship after the upcoming drama with Liza and Damon. Damon isn't for Colby. He cares about her, but he isn't in love with her and is far more interested in Liza now.

I was glad that Greenlee confronted David about drugging Bianca. Greenlee is beginning to realize that David has no boundaries and will always go to far. She even seems to be considering throwing him to the wolves, but I doubt that she will go through with it for now. Her marriage to David isn't going to fall apart until she can't stand Ryan with Madison any more and decides she wants him back. At which point, David will lose his mind and doing anything to keep Greenlee.

• Members

David may be a pig... but Bianca's a joke. She's back in town a week and I'm already sick of the stuck up bitch.

As a matter of fact, I'm glad David drugged her. It shut her the hell up for a couple of minutes.

Her mother is alive and is apparently back on her feet. Ship the bore back to Paris to her wife and kids.

• Members

Greenlee's on my last nerve as well. She needs to shit or get off the pot. If she's gonna be a bitch, be a bitch!

This "I wanna be liked by the cool kids" mentality that seems to be plaguing characters like Liza, Greenlee and Madison is really becoming an epidemic.

It's interesting. A show that's built its legacy around a woman who was the ultimate, unapologetic troublemaker seems to be wanting to turn all of the women into saps.

• Members

Female characters tend to become unlikeable/bland when they are with Ryan.

Hayley.

Kendall.

Greenlee.

Annie.

OMG, ERICA!

Now, Madison. Look, it sucks she was abused by men, but it really doesn't make me want to watch her scenes if all she does is whine about what her father and Henry did to her. It reminds me of 11 years ago when Hayley and Ryan were together -- bonding over being raised by alcoholics. Sitting at the mall, sharing jokes they heard while in Ala-teen meetings as a kid. Sitting on the beach, reminiscing about the drunken stupors they came home to find their parents in. :rolleyes:

• Members

What a bunch of bullsh..... they become unlikeable?

When Gillian was w/ Ryan that was near supercouple, unfortunately Esta left to South Africa....ppl even wanted a triangle between Greenlee/Gillian..I had the magazine clippings.

Back in this time it was Hayley/Mateo, Ryan/Gillian, Leo/Greenlee, Tad/Dixie

Ryan and Hayley were never really a couple, it was brief, she went through a tough time, Mateo brought that ex.wife of his w/ son and she needed someone.

Kendall and Ryan began and Rendall was borned, and I hated them b/c at that time AM was not my favorite girl, she was near skin and bones...but they had one of the hugest fanbases back then.

Kendall/Ryan, Leo/Greenlee

People initially did want Rylee, loved the beginning of that union, the triangle was one of the best in AMC's recent yrs. It went sour when they wrote him as SuperMan, her pathetic and Kendall was left in tears at a thier wedding ceremony. AMC essentially back then screwed up a potential supercouple w/ Rylee, CM/RB had chemistry that was hot, the hotel when she woke up after she got drunk and he egged her on about not sleeping w/ her and she tried seducing him. The only issue has been the plotlines that favored too much one way and didn't realistically hit on them like they are now.

P.S. I haven't seen anyone majority hating on Madison w/ Ryan, we're just worried he's gonna hurt her & rip her off like a band-aid the minute GreenMe is freed. Although w/ this staff I have faith that this will not happen.

Archived