AMC: Thursday, June 24, 2010

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Adoption is about legalities. Tad is not legalyl recognized as Damon's father. If he dies, Damon gets nothing unless specifically mentinoed in will. He cant be considered next of kin when it comes to signing legal documents and making decisions for him in the event that he can not. Damon's over 18, so he doesnt have to worry about that, but if he were a minor, adoption would be necesary to establish custody. Its why Ryan had to adopt Emma, despite them getting a blood test to determine that he was her bio father

• Members

I heard about that spoiler and thought it was just wishful thinking on some people's part. So glad that's not the case!

So it's really about legally establishing Damon as Tad's son, then? I was wondering why Tad would need to adopt a kid who is biologically his, too, but the way you explain it makes sense.

Come on, AMC, get off your duff and get Carmen to come back, at least for a cameo. She already said she wouldn't mind it, and she does live in LA.

• Members

I hate whole adopting grown adults schtick. Like the way they had Clint adopt Jessica on OLTL that was just adding insult to the injury of one of the worst retcons that show's ever done. And Tad adopting Damon while not as egregious is certainly lame if we don't see him talk to Hilary.

• Members

Ew, y'all say "artificially inseminated," and I wince.

Annie went to a <Blanche Devereaux>speeerm baaaank!!</Blanche> and ended up with the Lavery swim team. Kendall knew this, and, like the hypocritical shriek she is, refused to tell Ryan because she was jealous of Ryan's growing relationship with Annie.

Archived