8:00 THE AMAZING RACE

9:00 UNDERCOVER BOSS

10:00 CSI: MIAMI

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CBS moving Big Bang Theory to Thursday nights is probably one of the wisest decisions they've done in a long time. I see Big Bang scoring huge on Thursday nights. If they continue to build on the comedy motif, I see the comedies that will evnetually replace CSI easily beating out The Office and 30 Rock in key demos.

I expected this to be a boring and rather ho-hum upfronts. CBS going against a vulnerable ABC and a rather anemic NBC is gonna make Thursdays way more interesting. The multicams vs. the single cams. Bring it on!

• Administrator

Wow! CBS is sure taking a chance with moving TBBT, CSI: NY, CSI: Miami, Survivor, but I think it won't hurt them - aside from CSI:NY whose ratings will of course fall on Fridays. I love Community so I worry about them going up against the juggernaut that is TBBT. I watch both shows, so it doesn't really affect me...I just worry about Community's demos.

• Members

Isn't Big Bang Theory an aging timeslot hit? Will the ratings hold up with a new night?

They seem to want to kill CSI: NY, which I guess I can understand if they have something to replace it (based on their dramas this past season, they don't), and they also seem to be willing to kill Survivor.

• Members
Like Carl said, CBS wants to kill CSI: NY. Not surprised that show is moving to a new night. And it's probably very expensive to produce also.

Hopefully, CSI: Miami will destroy ABC's Brothers and Sisters. Snoozeworthy, sh!t show.

Big Bang Theory's new timeslot will lead it's geek followers to their new timeslot and will hopefully get the show some new viewers. I don't go for overhyped shows at all, but the masses will likely love Big Bang at 7 and Sh*t My Dad Says will get Shatner lovers and Big Bang fans. I'm excited CBS didn't play it safe. Should be interesting to see where it all leads.

• Members

I just wonder if a show that has been in a fixed timeslot for so long, on a comedy night, will be able to adjust to a sudden move, and in an earlier slot, on a night with dramas that many people seem tired of. I guess it might pay off but I don't know why they felt the need to kill Survivor, which, even if the show isn't what it once was, has managed to do very solid ratings (over 10 million) on a small budget and after ten years on the air.

• Members

CBS, a network that's usually conservative with little changes year to year, sure made some interesting moves. I'm shocked they moved both CSI: Miami and CSI: NY. I only expected one to move. I think CBS knows CSI franchise is aging and going for a pre-emptive strike to try and launch some new drama's to eventually replace them.

AS for moving Big Bang & pairing up Shat's sitcom with it, is quite bold. CBS is aiming right for NBC with that move and, unless NBC makes some changes, could be the final nail the NBC's slagging Thursday comedy lineup. I'm not that worried about TBBT moving. It's moved twice already and each time the viewers followed it & it gained viewers. Show started out at 8:30 on Mondays, then moved to 8p, then 9:30 this year. While I don't think it will continue to get 5s in the demos and pull 14-16 million viewers, I think it will be able to at least match it's season 2 8pm performance, when it was getting on average high 3s and low 4s in the demos and pulling 10-12 million viewers. If Shat's sitcom is as funny as the previews were, it's going to be a hit and one that goes well with TBBT. I see a crossover or special guest appearances by Jim Parsons and Shatner on eachother's shows in the future. Keeping 2 & a half men and TBBT paired up would have been safer, but splitting up their two juggernaut comedies, it gives CBS a chance to launch two new comedies.

As for Survivor, it's aired episodes on Wednesday before and they usually do as good as the Thursday airings. AI is loosing steam anyways, and with Simon gone, it's the perfect chance for CBS and others to really go at it.

• Members

CBS Fall 2010 Schedule

MONDAY

8:00 HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER

8:30 RULES OF ENGAGEMENT

9:00 TWO AND A HALF MEN

9:30 MIKE & MOLLY

10:00 HAWAII FIVE-0---Didnt know they were remaking this show.

TUESDAY

8:00 NCIS

9:00 NCIS: LA

10:00 THE GOOD WIFE

WEDNESDAY

8:00 SURVIVOR

9:00 CRIMINAL MINDS

10:00 THE DEFENDERS----What's this show about??

THURSDAY

8:00 BIG BANG THEORY----a bold move! But I will get to see it now more often on Thursday Night! I think CBS has a powerhouse lineup on Thursday minus the aging CSI which I still like.

8:30 $#! MY DAD SAYS

9:00 CSI

10: THE MENTALIST

FRIDAY

8:00 MEDIUM

9:00 CSI:NY----Ouch...guess it's got only one season left.

10:00 BLUE BLOODS....again..whats this show about??

SATURDAY

8:00 CRIMETIME SATURDAY

9:00 CRIMETIME SATURDAY

10:00 48 HOURS

SUNDAY

7:00 60 MINUTES....Another solid night......CSI Maimi moving to Sunday's is a good move. It was getting beaten several times by Castle on Monday night.

8:00 THE AMAZING RACE

9:00 UNDERCOVER BOSS..if DH doesnt improve next season I can see UB totally destroying DH.

10:00 CSI: MIAMI...I see it beating Brothers and Sisters

• Administrator

My CBC viewing schedule:

MONDAY

8:00 HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER (picked up)

9:00 TWO AND A HALF MEN (picked up)

9:30 MIKE & MOLLY (will sample)

10:00 HAWAII FIVE-0 (will sample)

WEDNESDAY

9:00 CRIMINAL MINDS (picked up)

10:00 THE DEFENDERS will sample)

THURSDAY