April 19-23, 2010

Toups

• Members

Its "her" and I'll be sure to pass your thoughts along.

What day was the James Mitchell memorial? That should've been a ratings high for AMC but ABCD has driven away so many viewers and most of them are never coming back. Mitchell and Canary deserved better ratings.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is boring crap. I don't know how else to describe it. When they started their slow but sure ratings climb they concentrated on stories heavy in plot and filled with twists. From Morgan's father we got the DiMera vs Kiriakis feud. That led to the corrupt mayor I think (my timeline could be off), and I want to say this is when Sami saw the assassin that sent her out of town for the start of the whole baby saga. And that is where things started to go wrong. Suddenly ABC style writing took over the show and it became about couples--boring couples. Couples who are on constantly but have no story to star in other than the fact they breathe as a couple. They had a brief couple of weeks with the truth about the baby coming out, and then except for intermittent Vivian and Victor scenes, it is just Sami, EJ, Nicole, Melanie, Philip, Chloe and Daniel discussing the state of affairs about how everyone feels about each other. It sucks. Nicole and Brady, who cares? Stephanie and Nathan, who cares? Freaking Sydney? I wish she was never found so I could never hear her name again. Where is the plot where I can't wait to see what will happen next?

The only bright spot in the entire show is Jessica Tuck's character seems to have a secret. Other than that I don't think I am curious or wondering about a single aspect of the show.

• Members

Days is really weak right now. There's no real movement or momentum in any story and the things that are happening are largely random, senseless, and unrootable.

AMC was doing well briefly but now it's stuck in a similar state as Days. It's inert. Things aren't really moving in a way thats compelling. There's way too much emphasis on Damon, NuColby III, Madison, Jake & Amanda, Natalia's modeling crap, and (duh) Ryan. With Adam out of the picture and Kreizman/Swajeski coming along, I imagine that AMC's remaining positives will quickly vanish into the ether.

OLTL is just horrid in almost every way. It's only saving grace at the moment is that Viki is back and she and Charlie are repairing their relationship and...um...and...um...yup, that's all. The constant victimization of Marty, the incessant Todd propping, the musical and all the messes attached to the teen scene, Natalie and Jessica's pathetic, almost psychotic self-absorption, and Rex's neverending search for his daddy? Ugh. Just ugh.

• Members

(SoapOperaNetwork.com) — Ratings for the Week of April 19 – April 23, 2010.

***LINK IF COPYING & PASTING***

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

Ratings for the week of April 12 – April 16, 2010

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year

I'm confused am I reading something wrong or what?

These are for the week of 4.19-23.10

its just reading the week of April 12-April 16, 2010 threw me off.

Archived