TV Land Awards

applcin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nope :(

A lot of the people they would memorialize would also be done at the Emmys, but there are so many, like Debralee, that the Emmys just wouldn't think to include. A year like this one would have the perfect time to start doing one because of so many legends we've lost. It would have been very fitting to have it set to a nice, slow, solemn TV theme, too.

OMG speaking of themes. Jack f'n Jones, man! He's still kickin' on the Love Boat after all these years. Love me some Jack Jones.

• Members

Two and a Half Men is certainly watchable, but I find it to be WAY overrated and I feel like a better sitcom actor could do more with Charlie's role. Plus, the jokes are very amateurish, I was watching a rerun last night and there were no less than four jokes about "putting something" in a woman's mouth, and it wasn't even funny the first time. Actually, I was more shocked that they went there so many times on this "family favorite". I'm no prude, believe me, but I am a firm believer in "time and place" and cheap, unfunny jokes are just not worth the viewer's time.

An old acquaintence of mine's dad wrote that theme. :P

Debralee, it's like I knew she was an actress and all, but it's just Match Game, Match Game, Match Game for me. :D

• Members

I rarely watch that show, as even though I like Conchatta Farrell and Holland Taylor, the kid on the show annoys me, Charlie Sheen is...Charlie Sheen, and Jon Cryer has seemed like a displaced garden gnome for most of his career. The bile towards women and gays in the episode I watched last, I think that was with Lucy Lawless, was enough to keep me from watching again.

• Members

That's how I feel about Steve Martin, actually. I loved him back in the late 70s. I thought he was freakin' hilarious. Wild and crazy guy. Excuuuuuuuuuuusssssse ME! Loved The Jerk. Loved him on SNL. The arrow through the head. Had the King Tut single. Then he just lost it for me. I guess some would say he grew out of his schtick but I liked his schtick. ;) Granted, I was a kid then but I do miss that zany part of him.

Anyway....it seems like all the nice things people say about Tom Hanks are true. He really does seem like a cool guy. :)

• Members

I know what you mean about Steve Martin. He still does comedy but it's a more snide type now. The goofy stuff he doesn't have his heart in. He looked like he hated that Pink Panther remake.

The plastic surgery he had a few years ago, or I think he did, has also changed him, it took away some of the humor of his face.

• Members

I grew up watching Telma in so many reruns, I think Gimme a Break was first, then Bosom Buddies. I didn't "get" for a while that I had also seen her on Family Matters, she seemed different to me on that show, I guess it was the character.

Then I was even more shocked to find out about her singing career.

I love what she says about real stars. I'm sure she probably gets burned up when she thinks about somebody from The Hills becoming a huge presence in the media.

• Members

Yeah, I was also surprised when on whatever program I was watching they showed a clip of Telma with a flower in her hair as half of Dawn.

I just went looking for it but I can't find it, there was a nice Gimme A Break clip with Telma, Nell, and Lynn Thigpen (played Nell's sister) singing old tunes.

Did find a good one of Nell and Dolly Parton singing gospel though. ;)

Archived