Will & Grace: Discussion Thread

Sylph

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

although this show is one of my fave of all time, I agree with most of the assessment here. It feel apart shortly after Mutchnik left/Leo came on.

I actually liked Minnie Driver (esp. when the purse fell out) and Beverly Leslie (interesting about Joan, though). "Well, well, well, as I live and die..."

I didn't mind Woody as Nathan. It was a nice arc. Leo just was trying to hard to be funny and wasn't. It wasn't Harry Connick, it was the way he was written.

Cher was great; Joan was awesome and showed a side I hadn't seen. Molly Shannon was perfection, but by her third and fourth times, she was just about played out. Madonna was decent. Jackson and Lopez were ok, basically being themselves, though. Damon really shined, and I really think that's what ultimately got the guest star parade going...and ultimately killed the show.

My favorite episode is actually not particularly eventful. I think it was a season opener. Will is trying to decide whether to keep Jack or Grace as a roommate. LOL, one of the things that always made me laugh is how spacious the original apt. was and how NY tiny Grace's apt. across the hall was. ("Mr. Zamir!")

The great thing was how James Burrows directed every single episode from beginning to end. How rare is that? Such a musical director too. In the episode I mention above, close your eyes and listen to the rhythm of the scene where everyone's making their own breakfast.

The show had to have Will and Grace even though Jack and Karen were funnier. Small doses are best. "It's funny cause it's true."

I could talk about this show all day.

Archived